Too many free roaming monsters

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Len
Knight
Knight

Too many free roaming monsters

Post by Len »

Am I the only one that thinks some (not all) monsters such as maggots should not roam around and stick close to parts of the maps custom made for them.

Example:

(Dead animal graveyard populated by maggots) Also testing yosuhara's rib cage

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee26 ... tsmap2.jpg
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm planning on implementing simplified modelling of ecological nichés and hence a simplified dynamical ecosystem on the new server eventually.

As a sidenote those ribs seem to have major issues with perspective, shading and outlining at the moment.
This message used to be meaningful.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Rotonen wrote:I'm planning on implementing simplified modelling of ecological nichés and hence a simplified dynamical ecosystem on the new server eventually.

As a sidenote those ribs seem to have major issues with perspective, shading and outlining at the moment.
Hehe I didn't make the ribs and nice to hear something like this is going to be implemented so time down the road.
Pixel Battalion
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Len wrote:
Rotonen wrote:I'm planning on implementing simplified modelling of ecological nichés and hence a simplified dynamical ecosystem on the new server eventually.

Hehe I didn't make the ribs and nice to hear something like this is going to be implemented so time down the road.
i made those ribs, but something happened to the transparency...
they should look like this: Image
Rotonen: also if the perspective is off, can you suggest how to fix it?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It is possible with eAthena (and already with TMWServ) to spawn monsters only in a limited area of the map. But nothing prevents the monsters from wandering out of this area.

On the new server the monster AI could be used to keep the monsters in a specific area.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.