windows vista goes that game?!

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Prinz Pi
Peon
Peon

windows vista goes that game?!

Post by Prinz Pi »

is this game only for windows xp my friend have vista to be my friend dosnt goes this game he can not perceive

thats the problem from my friend :
Reo
Peon
Peon

Post by Reo »

My game works fine on Windows Vista (64bit Buissness ed) so to answer your question no its not XP only.

this looks like a open GL problem, something vista has problems with (my Core is at 99% when running the game)

But i am sure others on this forum would be best answering OGL issues

there are other forum threads abput this if you search on Open GL

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... light=open
telospanton
Peon
Peon

Post by telospanton »

I HAVE vista too and doesn't plays with the same problem . :?: :( :shock:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Which Vista version are you using? Can you try toggling opengl on/off in the config file?
telospanton
Peon
Peon

Post by telospanton »

I am using Ultimate Vista edition 64bit. I think that vista are not playing many games and i think that tmw will play only in xp :( :( :x :evil:
Reo
Peon
Peon

Post by Reo »

As I said I am using vista and playing TMW + many many other games inc other games that run in Open GL.

I have only had problems with one or two games in vista, Battlefield 2142 needed running as Admin and Farcry was a pain to install. but they both work.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I'm using Vista as well and TMW works fine on it. I just asked what version you have since this issue was reported in older versions of Vista, such as RCs.

You should check if you have a genuine copy of vista and run Windows Update. Possibly update your video drivers as well.
Type
Peon
Peon

Post by Type »

My vista does the same thing when i try to play on my better computer.

Im sad it doesn't work.
Become Pantless ITS what all the kool kids are doing~
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I just asked what version you have since this issue was reported in older versions of Vista, such as RCs.

You should check if you have a genuine copy of vista and run Windows Update. Possibly update your video drivers as well.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

telospanton wrote:I am using Ultimate Vista edition 64bit. I think that vista are not playing many games and i think that tmw will play only in xp :( :( :x :evil:
TMW works perfect in Vista 32bit.
telospanton
Peon
Peon

Post by telospanton »

OK. Thanks.
73 lvl super archer waiting the christmas event ......, and the creation of the mana temple.
maryelser
Peon
Peon

works with vista

Post by maryelser »

Hi, i downloaded mana world over the weekend and, of course, i couldnt it to work with vista. Ifind that a lot of games dont work with vista unless you do a little fiddling with it. So, I searched through the forum and found the post about toggling the opengl on and off- I set it to 0 and it worked! so, just to make sure, I turned it back to 1 and it wouldnt work again. so, for all those who have problems with it, definintly try toggling the opengl to 0. i havent tried playing the game yet but i'm looking forward to it.
Prinz Pi
Peon
Peon

Post by Prinz Pi »

where can my friend set it on 0 ???
maryelser
Peon
Peon

setting opengl to 0

Post by maryelser »

i dont know if this will work for everyone but here is what i did. find the folder named .tmw and open. double click on the config page. when mine opened up it had a bar across top that said "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options." I allowed blocked content. now scroll down and find the line with opengl. it should be set at "1". Just delete that and type in 0 instead and save. then close config page and restart game and it should work. i hope this helps anyone with this problem. love this game!
maryelser
Peon
Peon

Post by maryelser »

oh yeah, if anyone needs to know, i'm using vista32.