PM system && Mod system

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Arenlor
Peon
Peon

PM system && Mod system

Post by Arenlor »

I know the PM system would take a lot of programming, just think it's a good idea is all. The mod system though is more important, someone to make sure that the rules are being followed (all inglés in chat) and the PM system would allow people to make reports, either that or the mods having Global chat (they read all that's being said not just in their area) and them PMing offenders. So this isn't one idea but two separate ones.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A PM system on eAthena wouldn't be much work. The server infrastructure exists. It is just a matter of netcode and user interface implementation. It is just that the developers no longer implement things on eAthena that can't be portet to TMWServ.

Mods reading everything that is said anywhere in the world? Who is supposed to follow all this chattering?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Post by Arenlor »

That's the thing, the mods would, it'd be their job to do so. With having the power of being a game mod comes the responsibility to read all that's going on.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I guess you have no idea about how much text we are talking here. It is already difficult to follow all chatting at one location. Now imagine reading every word spoken somewhere in the world. Currently the mana world is small. But when there are more people online, say a few hundred, they would produce more text than one person can read.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Post by Arenlor »

True, but there should be some system of reporting people so that there is order. Chaos is not fun in a game.
Blamoo
Novice
Novice

Post by Blamoo »

Arenlor wrote:Chaos is not fun in a game.
the chaos is in our minds.

Arenlor wrote:True, but there should be some system of reporting people so that there is order.

what kind of people u want to report? looters and KSers?
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Post by Arenlor »

For now yes, plus anyone who spams the chat etc, anyone who breaks a rule (we do have rules, they need to be ingame) or is annoying pretty much. That way no flame wars get started. (The chaos isn't in our mind, but the heat of the fire is, the coals are not hot, and the spoon doesn't exist either)
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

It would also be nice to be able to PM any user even if he/she isn't at the same location. Something like friend list will do wonders to the interactivity of the game. Especially if someone died and have trouble locating that player again.