New_26-1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zipon
Novice
Novice

New_26-1

Post by zipon »

Hey all

I have been working on a new hill map useing the woodland tileset.
The main design of the map is done and only small fixes are needed and ofc some more work on the object layer.
I need a tile for the water where it come out of the mountain/hill, i have been trying to make it my self but i must say that i suck at pixelart :(

Screenshot of the map

The design of the map

At the dots you will enter a cave map that link to the other dot whet the same color.
and the cave above the 2 tile i need is for a cave where there is a npc or someting like that

Hope you all like it and plz tell me if there is something that i can do better.
Last edited by zipon on 06 Jul 2008, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It is difficult to judge a map from a zoomed-out screenshot, but here my first impressions.

Finally someone who really understood how to use the cliff tiles. But the map is missing some decorative objects (rocks, single trees, grass, flowers and so on). But I guess you are going to add these later because you said that you aren't finished yet. I am also wondering how you solved some collision layer problems.

Unfortunately we have no use for the map because it doesn't attach to any of the existing woodland maps. But maybe you can remap the southern border of the map so that it fits at map new_9-1.
I need a tile for the water where it come out of the mountain/hill
How about placing the standard cave entrance some tiles up the mountain wall and using a waterfall particle effect?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Thanks Crush

The objects i know still need to work on the object layer, the map looks a little boring.
ill try to redo my map so it attach to the new_9-1 map.
The collision layer problems is one of the thinks that i need to look at hope ill come up whet something.

hmm good ideer whet the waterfall particle effect but i do not know how to work whet the particle effect yet got a guide for that.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ah, great. That's exactly how I imagined the side of a steep hill/mountain map-wise.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Thanks for the words Modanung.

Here is a little opdate of the work on my map.
ill been working on the south side of the map so it attach better to the new_9-1 map.

update of the map

zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

here is my first try to make a cave/tunnel map its the blue tunnel (still working on it)

hope you all like it Smile

Download
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Interesting layout but a bit plain. I am also not sure if the passages work the way you intend. Did you already testwalk the map?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Hey Crush sorry for my late answer i am still without internet :(

the main map is allmost done, it need a little work on the lake particle effect.
i have also made the tunnle map that leds to the npc cave and the npc cave map.
Crush wrote:Did you already testwalk the map?
no i did not test it before posting it the internet again, but i have an offline server now and have testet the map.
Crush wrote:I am also not sure if the passages work the way you intend.
if it the problem with the collision layer you point at then i have fix it.
Last edited by zipon on 10 Apr 2008, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
zipon
Novice
Novice

Re: New map

Post by zipon »

Hey all.

Sorry for being away for so long time (damn internet company)
Im have still been working on the maps i startet and finally finish them :D

The concept of the map is to is to make all the cave map a part of the main map so the world fell more alive.

Cave 1

Cave 1 is a small cave taht leads to the 6 waterfalls at the west in the main map and you need to get thru cave 1 to get to cave 2 (npc cave)

Cave 2

My concept for cave 2 is to have a NPC to stand next to the fire, maybe give a quest or someting like that.
And have no monster at the map.

Cave 3

Cave 3 here i im trying to make some tunnels that cover the player (top layer) and there is a waterfall that comes from the main map .
Leads west at the main map.

Cave 4

Not that much to say about it only that i have made room for a new cave opening.
Leads to the north and north east of the main map.

Screenshots

Main map

Cave map 1

Cave map 2

Cave map 3

Cave map 4

Hope you all like it :lol:
Last edited by zipon on 10 Apr 2008, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A really nice map. Unfortunately I have no idea how it could be fit into the current world development plan: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Map_development

I think you could fit it into the current geography by removing the lake in the southeast corner and continuing the road so that it leaves the map to the east.
  • NOT a game master

zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Yes the first plan whas to make it fit at the 9.1 map to the north but i can see that it have been remade to.

ill try to remove the lake so it fits map 9.1 again.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Here is how the map could be fit into the geography:

A: Remove the stone bridge (it breaks the no-one-tile-passway rule anyway)

B: Continue the road through a mountain pass and the otherwise unused area in the north

C: Remove the lake and replace it by a cliff.
  • NOT a game master

zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

thats a good start to make to fit, but the road bugs me.
Ill try to make it out
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The road is necessary because it is a main connection between cities.

Alternative, less-intrusive suggestion:
  • NOT a game master

zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

A little update of the map