Coding Language

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Gaelwind
Peon
Peon

Coding Language

Post by Gaelwind »

what Language is TMW coded in? Just wondering if there's anything new I have to learn
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Both client and server are programmed in C++. The new server uses LUA as a scripting language (the option to add additional scripting languages is held open). The old server uses a custom scripting language (google for "eathena scripting" for details).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Gaelwind
Peon
Peon

Post by Gaelwind »

So C++ And LUA are both used. The New meaning the Unreleased ones right? And Old meaning the one being used now.
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Post by Arenlor »

Gaelwind wrote:So C++ And LUA are both used. The New meaning the Unreleased ones right? And Old meaning the one being used now.
Correct, until whenever the ETA is.
~~~~
Feel free to contact me.