temple development by Axl

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Oh, you mean you create a map of 60x60 tiles. That's OK, maps can be any size.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:That's OK, maps can be any size.
As long as they're at least as big as the screen. So that would be 25 by 19 tiles. Otherwise you'd get an effect like this at the side of the screen.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

Bjørn wrote:
AxlTrozz wrote:I'm trying to create the temple maps:
I used some tiles from the desert tileset :wink:
Looks very nice, though of course half of the shadows in the doorway have to be removed since the sun only shines in one direction at a time.
Also, shadows from a single light source are not additive like that - you don't combine two shadows to get a darker shadow; that only works with multiple light sources (like, say, two streetlamps).
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Jetryl wrote:
Bjørn wrote:
AxlTrozz wrote:I'm trying to create the temple maps:
I used some tiles from the desert tileset :wink:
Looks very nice, though of course half of the shadows in the doorway have to be removed since the sun only shines in one direction at a time.
Also, shadows from a single light source are not additive like that - you don't combine two shadows to get a darker shadow; that only works with multiple light sources (like, say, two streetlamps).
Thank you, As you can see in the last tileset, I'm already fixed that
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

New approach, I think this is a better way
Still in progress...
Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

While I'm creating the tileset I found the need of more elements, so I'm trying to create a Fountain, I would like to ask if we can use the particle engine with it

this is what I have now

I know it look like an icecream cone, but try to imagine the finished work on top, :wink:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Creating a fountain is a typical application for the particle engine. Sure you can create a fountain particle effect when you want to. Or you could ask me to create one for you as I seem to be the only one who really understands the particle engine ;)
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

AxlTrozz wrote:While I'm creating the tileset I found the need of more elements, so I'm trying to create a Fountain, I would like to ask if we can use the particle engine with it

this is what I have now

I know it look like an icecream cone, but try to imagine the finished work on top, :wink:
Nice fountain. But it is a little too plan for a temple. How about adding decoration, such as lotus flower, symbols, or figures, etc...?
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:Creating a fountain is a typical application for the particle engine. Sure you can create a fountain particle effect when you want to. Or you could ask me to create one for you as I seem to be the only one who really understands the particle engine ;)
Crush, Can the actual stage of this graphic be used to create the water effect ?, I'm asking this because all the parts not pixelated yet are going to be covered by the particles, and I don't know if I do need to complete them or leave it as it is now (and save time)

And yes, Could you help me with the water efect ? I did read the wiki and it would take me too much time do it by my self
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Saphy wrote: Nice fountain. But it is a little too plan for a temple. How about adding decoration, such as lotus flower, symbols, or figures, etc...?
Absolutely, I'll add the figures at the end, thanks
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You should better cover it. You needn't do it well but you shouldn't leave it transparent as the particles aren't guaranteed to cover it completely.
  • NOT a game master

5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Woaw, this all looks very promising, can't wait to roam the temple xP
Keep up teh good work
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:You should better cover it. You needn't do it well but you shouldn't leave it transparent as the particles aren't guaranteed to cover it completely.
Ok, here the second version...

5t3v3 wrote:Woaw, this all looks very promising, can't wait to roam the temple xP
Keep up teh good work
Thanks from all us (in behalf of all the artists that somehow contribute to create this temple)
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I've been trying to finish this lion head since ever, is to put as carved walls, maybe as fountains or just decorative, any comment is welcome

Image >>now how it looks >>Image
Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I just added some figures and try to improve a bit the general look (not too flat)

Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.