we need either /autoloot or "loot-lock"

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

we need either /autoloot or "loot-lock"

Post by blackrazor »

Over the last couple days, the problem with looting has gotten much worse. It seems to have become common knowledge that all drops are immediately "free for all".

I have lower leveled players standing over monsters I'm killing, hoping to grab what drops before I can. This problem is made worse by the fact that my weapon of choice is the bow, and so I'm usually 5 spaces away.

I recommend either an /autoloot function, where loot goes right into your inventory if you score the kill, or a "loot-lock" feature, where the loot from your kills is only visible / pickable by you for a few seconds before it becomes "free for all".

Failing that, we need non-beginner training zones (mines, dungeons, snakes, flowers / evil mushrooms) to be pk, so we can defend ourselves against looters.

Today, I trapped one looter on a narrow path as he ran ahead to loot my kills; it was satisfying, but pking or loot-locking would have been much better.
CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

This post has already been discussed.
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
ae4ji
Peon
Peon

looting and steeling

Post by ae4ji »

Yes, it's been discussed, but it is bad problem. I find I'm having killing 10 other monsters around me because their attacking me and someone comes in and takes my items because their not going to be attacked. I have followed them waiting to steal their items to show that they don't like it either. Doing that sucks though, so I just go somewhere else. If they ask I help them. Often I offer to help get logs or some other items.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you would have read the other threads about this topic you would know that it is technically impossible to integrate auto looting or loot locking before we switch to the new server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.