Damage calculation

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

I like the blunt/sharp/pierce (or impact/blade/pierce) idea better than the ordinary RPG formula.

Combat skill isn't possible yet, so I don't think we have to worry about the damage deal by different attack method. When we have different way to use a weapon, wouldn't it be possible to class a weapon as both blade/pierce etc based on the attack?

Similarly, magic can be incorporated with this idea. For example, fire magic can change damage class to "fire" instead of "blade".
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

I have read the wiki regarding the proposal. I would it would be more realistic to mix physical and magical damage instead to separating them into two classes. For example, magical/ice/fire arrow make no sense when weapon does not affect its damage. For skills such as fireball, it would be more realistic to have fire lit on something instead of thin air, where that something can contribute to the damage. Magic needs a base for it to work, be it animal's parts, paper, or herbs. Just like cursing requires a sacrifice. The higher grade the base, the better magic.