possible hack gathering items

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
fivefinger
Peon
Peon

possible hack gathering items

Post by fivefinger »

occured to me like 10 min. ago in the dessert that items disappaered after monsters dropped them.
during that player NeonGen was sitting inactive in the upper right of the map for some time.
after he got up and left the strange behaviour disappered. player QOAL was with me to wittness.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

Indeed.

He is still doing it now, I've asked him to stop but he won't. (unsurprisingly)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It seems to be abuse of an eAthena bug. So it's nothing we can or want to fix.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

I was wondering if we had a debug team who just specialized in debugging? I know players report bugs, but there are some bugs out there that could maybe duplicate items and stuff like that and no player would tell because they want to use this bug for themselves. There should be a debug team that tries to find bugs like this and other types of bugs, to let the admins know and maybe fix. I know some other games have done this and it seemed to help.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We programmers fix bugs that are worth fixing all the time. But bugs that can be abused are always server-sided bugs and server-sided bugs aren't worth fixing. We prefer to invest our time and energy into programming our own server, because when we switch to the new server all eAthena bugs will be history.

Sure, it's sad that some eAthena bugs are being abused and the game becomes hard to enjoy because of this. But as you should have noticed by now we don't care much about the gameplay on the current server. It is just a test environment for the client engine and the graphics.

By the way: We already got a team for finding bugs: It's you, the players. When you use beta software it is your duty to report bugs. But a programming team specialized in fixing bugs doesn't make sense. The programmer that is best qualified for fixing a bug in a given specific code segment is the programmer who wrote it in the first place because he knows the code best. Fixing bugs in code written by someone else can be really difficult. So when we receive a bug report we usually assign it to the person who wrote the code segment that is most likely responsible for it and ask him to look into the problem.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Ah. I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D
NeonGen
Peon
Peon

Re: possible hack gathering items

Post by NeonGen »

Might be nice to hear a few facts from my side.
"The strange behaviour" didn't stop when i got up.
But when QOAL crashed my client.
Seems like "Goodguy" QOAL has the ability to crash other peoples clients.

But of course nobody is going to believe that!
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

:P

That's all fixed now ;)
NeonGen
Peon
Peon

Post by NeonGen »

Doesn't really change the fact that your just as worse as me buddy :twisted:
Rotonen wrote:Some people might consider your avatar a bit... too unconventional.
LOL!