mana world in portables consoles?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

triton
Peon
Peon

mana world in portables consoles?

Post by triton »

hello for all.
the other day i was think why dont in the future if can play in portables consoles like gp32 ,nokia ngage ,psp or nintendo ds for wifi.
i dont know if this is posible ,only is a suposition.
see later
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Some people have had success running TMW on an internet-enabled tablet like the Nokia N800 or 770:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forum ... php?t=9954

Getting it to work on game consoles is usually harder, because they are rather different from PCs and in most cases the manufacturer has put in security measures to prevent you from running your own software on it.
triton
Peon
Peon

Post by triton »

ok bjorn,thank you
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I recently received a private message by someone who claimed that he managed to compile and run tmw on a playstation 3 running ubuntu. He said he would write a tutorial about it on PSUbuntu.com soon.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

You guys should find a way to put it on the iphone :lol:
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Post by Arenlor »

CurtisMJun wrote:You guys should find a way to put it on the iphone :lol:
We refer to them as iBricks after that.
~~~~
Feel free to contact me.
CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

hahahahahaha thats sooo funny :roll:
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, when you buy me one of those overprized, overhyped, DRM-infested, apart-falling abominations I can try my best to port TMW to it.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
oliver
Peon
Peon

Post by oliver »

Well, when you buy me one of those overprized, overhyped, DRM-infested, apart-falling abominations I can try my best to port TMW to it.
Ah, maybe for the EUR 400 the Iphone costs you better get an OLPC and "port" TMW to that (ie. copy the source and run make...). Probably reaches a larger and more "deserving" audience :-)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The $100 laptop runs on Fedora Linux. We are already providing a packet for Fedora. Although I am not sure if it is up-to-date.
  • NOT a game master

pblinux
Peon
Peon

mana world on gp2x

Post by pblinux »

Ideally if "The Mana World" game was ported to a portable game system it would be one that supports open source gaming, such as the Game Park GP2X F-200 (http://www.gp2x.com). The obvious obstacle is that this game is designed for the personal computer segment witch primarily means x86 architechure. However, the GP2X utilizes two arm processors; one for gaming and one for video rendering. The ability to take the game with you on a SD card and play while you are away from your pc and then return and upload the save file, would make this game and support explode... just my $0.02
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

TMW is written to be very portable and does not assume x86 architecture. It runs fine on other architectures like AMD64 or PPC. I have never heard of the game system you mentioned, but I don't think that it would be a problem to compile TMW on it as long as the libraries support this platform.

The game state is of course saved server-sided. So there is no need for any exchange of "save files" to play the same character on different systems.
  • NOT a game master

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I'm sure you heard of it cause i have one too ;)

TMW runs on the N800, shouldn't be a problem on the Gp2x then.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I informed myself a bit about the GP2X and found out that it runs on Linux and a port of the SDL library is available which is the library TMW uses for hardware abstraction. Porting TMW to it should be pretty easy (in theory). I suppose there is a group of people in the GP2X homebrew community who are always searching for open source games that are easy to port. Maybe you should give them a hint.
  • NOT a game master

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The problem is the GP2x does not have integrated wlan, the new F200 one even has no usb network connection. I don't think it's very comfortable to play tmw on a gp2x...