New Server Event

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Kyle
Novice
Novice

New Server Event

Post by Kyle »

:idea: :idea: :idea: I thought it would be cool that for the first few days of the new server (once it's released) that there should be a new rare item giveaway. This would be an item to show that you were there for the start of the actual game server. What do you think? Would this be totally awesome? :idea: :idea: :idea:
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

Ok, here is a quick sketch I just threw together. It replaces the ranger hat, and I used yellow just for the sake of using yellow. The color can easily be changed later.

CurtisMJun
Novice
Novice

Post by CurtisMJun »

Lol.
CurtisJ in-game
lvl 69 archer and increasing :)
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

I made some very minor adjustments and added some shading on this version. I'm also posting some different colors just to see how each compares to the others. Some help / suggestions would be very nice since I'm new kind of new to pixel art.

you can't help but to laugh at the rainbow colors :lol:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When we release the new server we will very likely not be ready to do any events on it yet.

Regarding the crown: The shading needs more contrast. It is barely visible that they are shaded at all.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

A untradeable visible item would be great to have though.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I like the crowns.

Regards.
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

Ok, thanks for the tips. You're right about the event part though, but you could probably add something like this a bit later after you get the new server under a bit more control.
Here, I've added some more shading and saturated the colors a bit more, what else could it improve on?
I think that it needs something on one of the sides so that you cant tell which side of the hat your looking at (it looks kind of funny in-game when you turn around and your hat doesn't change)

P.S. Could someone provide me with a GIMP download for windows vista, I've searched all over for a working link and couldn't find one.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The "windows 2000 and above" installer on http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ doesn't work for vista?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

It didn't work when I tried it , but I'll try it again now.
:roll:
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

Ok, I got it working now, my internet connection must have been bad last time or something when I tried to download it.
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

I couldn't resist.
:mrgreen:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Now it's starting to look like something.

Keep up the steady and tenacious flow of improvement.
This message used to be meaningful.