Reserving Character Names

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Reserving Character Names

Post by Falcata »

Prior to the new server's release, would it be possible to reserve the names of our old characters? I get the feeling someone might try to steal the name of someone else's character, and their in-game identity by extension.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on this one. I don't want some guy taking my character name. It's not like my name is clever, but i prefer to be known as this character and not have to reidentify myself.
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

While it is not clear how much of the current character information can or will be ported over to the new server, you can be pretty sure that we'll be transferring account and character names, as long as they aren't names that are disallowed on the new server.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Disallowed names? What kind of names will be disallowed? Hopefully you won't be allowing "leet" names. Those things are an eyesore.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Names like p|-|34rM3.

Regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Falcata wrote:Disallowed names? What kind of names will be disallowed? Hopefully you won't be allowing "leet" names. Those things are an eyesore.
There might be other more technical restrictions like restriction to a specific charset or length restrictions. Such restrictions have not been implemented yet but we might choose to do so. We might also automatically filter names that include profanities or look like the character would have an official position (names including "gamemaster", "admin", "developer" etc.).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.