Quest Pitching

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do you think that players of a game should be able to create the quests for it?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Quest Pitching

Post by Pottsi »

Alrght, i don't know if others have a feeling of doing more for the mana world, but i do. I wanted to make a topic for the quest pitchers out there that have great ideas for quests, but no way of getting them out there. This is a good spot to put your quest ideas for future references for the team behind The Mana World.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

My suggestion for a storyline behind The Mana World

Post by Pottsi »

A long time ago in the land of Mana World, there was the CONSTRUCTOR, the maker of the Tulim Crystal, which had the power to create life as it did to destroy it. The CONSTRUCTOR had previously used the crystal to construct the Mana World, his finest work. The CONSTRUCTOR knew that in the hands of mortals, it would be dangerous, but its powers were bound to the World. So he placed the Tulim Crystal in the far reaches of the World, where no man would go. But even the Tulim Crystal could not evade the mortal’s greed. Wars raged across the lands looking for this crystal to become the sovereign of the world, beginning the Age of Chaos. The CONSTRUCTOR blamed this destruction upon himself, and against his better judgment to destroy the Mana World completely, he smashed the Tulim Crystal spreading its scattered remnants throughout the World. Having lost their ultimate goal of ruling the Mana World, the violent states began to lose interest in fighting over a lost cause, thus the Age of Chaos had ended.
Still mourning in his despair, the CONSTRUCTOR created Mount Agonathia where he has remained ever since the end of the Age of Chaos. Through the years, the CONSTRUCTOR secreted himself and stopped interfering with mortal affairs. Years passed without conflict and warfare, until a young boy named Drako wanted to be the strongest man that had ever lived. He knew he could not do this alone, so he turned to a dark warlock called the Maggot Master that had lurked in the shadows awaiting this boy that would be the ruler of all men in the Mana World. This warlock was the primary reason for the beginning of the Age of Chaos leading rebellions within civil states and plotting against peaceful leader. The warlock knew of the Tulim Crystal’s power, which had been forgotten for years. The Maggot Master was one of the few that knew what the crystal was truly capable of. Once this boy found the warlock in a mysterious cave, he asked the warlock “How can I become the mightiest of all the warriors in the land.â€
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Note that we already are in the process of designing a backstory:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Backstory

It is fine when you want to write background material for TMW. We can always need that. But it has only a chance of becoming official when it doesn't contradict anything on the wiki that isn't marked as proposal (red template).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
goik
Peon
Peon

hi

Post by goik »

i think we should be able too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :D

http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/sig.php/1543941yMjsV.png
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well this is a community project. If you don't do anything, the project will not progress.
This message used to be meaningful.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

Ok, I read up on wiki about the backstory of TMW. I suppose a lot of my story doesn't fit in, but that part about the how Tulimshar got its name... I think that part could fit in to the whole backstory of TMW. There may be something about it, but i read a lot and didn't notice it.

Trying to help... as always...
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.