redistributing XP-points

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Witwe_Bolte
Peon
Peon

redistributing XP-points

Post by Witwe_Bolte »

How about that:
A building, where u can redistribute all of ur experience for say 10.000 or 100.000 GP?
Being a role game the evolution of characters is the most attractive part to play with.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

If you are talking about rearranging stats, I think that the amount of money you suggest might be too much. If this were to be implemented, the cost of it should be at a price that is still high, but not so high that it wouldn't be worthwhile. Especially if you just want to fix a small mistake, like if you wanted to increase a stat but clicked on the wrong button.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Witwe_Bolte
Peon
Peon

Post by Witwe_Bolte »

well, the price was just a suggestion. The feature is what i'd love
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about making the cost level-dependent so that newbies can use it to correct errors but high levels have to dig very deep into their pockets to change from archer to swordman or vice versa.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

100,000gp is high? you can make that easily in the mines in under an hour. I was thinking he should raise the price.
Join us in Holy Mana and become Strong.

http://www.freewebs.com/holymanaclan
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

So do you notice the problem now?

A sum that is a fortune for a low-level character is spare change for a high-level character.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

What about a level related fee, if the char is low level (between 1 and 20) a small price, second level (21 to 45) more expensive and so on, mean the highest level have to pay a lot to rearrange their stats
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

Crush wrote:So do you notice the problem now?

A sum that is a fortune for a low-level character is spare change for a high-level character.

Well i don't see how misdistrubuting a couple stats at a level below 40 can really hurt your hunting. I think it should go like this.

It's the same price for everyone, just the price raises after you buy it everytime. Ex. 1st, 100k. 2nd, 200k. 3rd, 400k. rest 400k.

It should take off stat points depending on your level. ex, lvl's 10-19 (xx statpoints). lvl's 20-29 (xx statpoints). lvl 30-39 (xx) etc..

It should not take off all your stat points though. Building a character is the best part of the game, because you want unique characters. Making it so everyone can find out the best build, then pay (xx) amount of gold and switch to it, makes no sense at all.

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Wait a minute, are you saying that it reduces your stats, or the points used to increase them? I don't think either one of them are good solutions, anyways. And I don't really like the idea of increasing the price each time it is used. I would prefer a fee based on character level, stat value, and how much the stat is being changed by.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

Why not incerasing the fee? Changing your stats, is something HUGE in this game. People start over that are lvl 50 because of bad stats. They shouldn't be able to just fix them any time they want for a cheap ass fee. It should increase each time they fix them, because they should learn mroe each time.

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

That's not what I was saying. I was saying it was a bad idea to increase the fee each time you rearrange a stat. What I do think is a good idea is basing the fee on your level, stat, and the amount it is being changed by.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I think in addition to this there should be places where you can buy stat points for increasing cost, so going from 1->2 costs less than going from 2->3, which costs less than going from 3->4, etc.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

eAthena does only allow a complete stat reset. Resetting stats partially is impossible.
  • NOT a game master

Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

I thought the new server won't be using eAthena

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The whole system on the new server will be completely different. Extrapolating any experiences from the eAthena stat system on the system of the new server is nonsensical.
  • NOT a game master