What good are monster points?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Pottsi
Peon
Peon

What good are monster points?

Post by Pottsi »

I was just wondering what good monster points are. I don't see a particular use for them except to get garbage items from Isha. I was thinking maybe there could be a special item you can purchase after you have collected so many monster points. Like possibly, there was a store (or Isha) that wants monster points but doesn't want to get them themselves (or herself). Maybe there could be special items like weapons or special clothing that could only be obtained from this store (or her) in exchange for monster points. If this was possible, i'd expect a large sum of monster points required for these items to make it difficult to get them. I don't know really, just brainstorming.
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.
rafael
Peon
Peon

Re: What good are monster points?

Post by rafael »

I've wondering about it too, now i got like 20000 monster points and i really don't want to waste 1 hour of my time exchanging that...
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

I've got an answer

Post by Dimond »

Hi!

Here are some answers to your question! :o

1.Monster points are for low lvl players to help them get money or solve
quests (Like for example the one to get 30 bug legs to get 1,000 GP.)
and some items Ishi passes out are something you can wear like
cotton pants or a Santa's hat.

2.Ishi does not drop anything worth of any value to high lvl players what
I mean is that high lvl player don't exactly need anything some of the
Newbies need when they start.I'm not totally sure, but every time spend my monster points I get bug legs, scorpion stingers, ect.

3.Here is a tip if you don't spend your monster points and just keep
getting them and trying to not spend it for items that Ishi gives out
then what are the point of monster points.I suggest to spend them
when you are there, because you can sell it for a bit of money to
Neko (The NPC) it's not much, but it builds up after period of time.
So, spend them if you have a chance, because that's all you can do with monster points.

I hoped you enjoy the answers!

By Dimond :D
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I think it would be good to have either of the following options, so the points wouldn't go to waste (it just feels bad for players to have points they cannot use):

1. have different uses for the points
2. give Ishi a third option so you could exchange all your points at once, (thus getting you multiple items)
3. let Ishi give 3 classes of items. Like, low class, what she gives now. Middle class, iron potions, concentration potions, milk, stuff like that. And high class could be miner hat, glove, boots, dagger. I noticed the points you require to get an item is somewhat exponential. I haven't checked the exact formula, but the amount increases after each time you do this, so I was thinking, maybe you could make it so, that if a player wants to have a second class item, he would require the same amount of points as for 5 consecutive low class items. And similarly, for a high class item a player would require the same amount of points as for 10 consecutive low class items.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

i like it, because the points right now are pretty useless..but yes steve, nicely put
5t3v3 wrote:I think it would be good to have either of the following options, so the points wouldn't go to waste (it just feels bad for players to have points they cannot use):

1. have different uses for the points
2. give Ishi a third option so you could exchange all your points at once, (thus getting you multiple items)
3. let Ishi give 3 classes of items. Like, low class, what she gives now. Middle class, iron potions, concentration potions, milk, stuff like that. And high class could be miner hat, glove, boots, dagger. I noticed the points you require to get an item is somewhat exponential. I haven't checked the exact formula, but the amount increases after each time you do this, so I was thinking, maybe you could make it so, that if a player wants to have a second class item, he would require the same amount of points as for 5 consecutive low class items. And similarly, for a high class item a player would require the same amount of points as for 10 consecutive low class items.