Multiple starting cities

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Interesting idea. I'm not completely sure whether or not this has been discussed before, but I'm guessing it has.

What I would like to see out of this is the ability to choose which city is used as your character's re-spawn point. You start off with a limited list, perhaps consisting of only Tulimshar at first. As you visit other cities, they get added to the list, and you can use a menu to select which city you'll appear in after getting killed. Or, perhaps you could have the option of appearing back at the entrance of a dungeon after you get killed off.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Multiple starting cities

Post by Hommer »

jaxad0127 wrote:I think we should have multiple starting cities that each new character starts in and returns to when killed. The player would choose one when they create the character. Each one could have a different difficulty rating, like Tulimshar (easiest), Trade City (average), Kaizei fortress-city (experts only). Characters could also be treated differently by NPCs depending on which city they start in.
In the future maybe. To be able to do this we would need an active player base of over 150 or more. And maybe only 3-4 towns. Reason being only 50 people at the moment, are on at a time. So if there is 4 towns, thats only roughly 17 players at each town. And most would be lvling/hunting, cutting that down to even lower per a town, like 1-3. Because most of the time, now there are only 3-10 people in town, at any time.
Join us in Holy Mana and become Strong.

http://www.freewebs.com/holymanaclan
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

I am liking this idea to spawn at a selected town of your choice after death, but if this were to happen, TMW would need to be significantly larger. Considering you were to stumble upon a new town and you wish to make it your respawn point. Making this town your respawn point should really be worth while, in which it were difficult to get to this town due to strong monsters, long paths, or any particular inconvenience that may arise. The fact that your character can travel from Tulimshar to Hurnscald in hardly any time at all would make setting different towns as respawn points less important to the player. I am with this starting point idea of yours, but I want there to be a reason that I am setting Snowvillage or Hurnscald as my respawn zone.

If this spawn town idea were to fail, I suggest that Tulimshar (or whatever starting town it is) be created within the center of TMW. This allows for convenient travel to various parts of TMW.
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

jaxad0127 wrote:Pottsi, this is how the world is planned out: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Geography, notice that Tulimshar is on the far eastern edge of the world map.
So is Tulimshar supposed to be in that eastern edge tan region (desert)?
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.