its doesnt run

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Caniwa
Peon
Peon

its doesnt run

Post by Caniwa »

TMW doesnt run.I downloaded the newest version from the side.but every time when i klick on the installed File the game starts for some seconds and then its close.Any idea ?
I use a 400Mhz G4 Powerbook.
Caniwa
Peon
Peon

Post by Caniwa »

Ok now it runs.I made the mistake and copied the client to another volume.
Can it be that at the moment no Server is online.When i try to create a new account i can see Manaworld (0) at the server screen and when i try to create a new character i get allways "unkown" error.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

That means the server is up but you're experiencing the "unknown" error everybody seems to get the first few times, at least until they figure out how to fix it. Now if somebody could tell what is causing this...
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

this could as well be another mac specific issue only SimEdw could really recreate as i don't have any macs around capable of running OSX. :roll:
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Post by Guest »

still cant figure out whats the problem is.
Always get "unkown error"
And another Problem is that when you copy the Client in a new Folder on your Harddrive for example "Games" then the game doesnt run.And always close self after 3 seconds.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I don't know how it works in MacOS but I think it's better not to move the client. Anyway make a try using "test" as username and password and use the premade player. Tell me if it works.
Caniwa
Peon
Peon

Post by Caniwa »

Thx Elven.I tried the "test" thing and i could see a character in the character screen.But when i click "ok" the client kicked me out.
It seem that there is a bug with the character selection screen.
With a normal Account "unkown error" and with "test"--> client shut down

Post by Guest »

It looks like SimEdw isnt working for the MAC Version any more ! Or is there another reason why he didnt comment this problem ?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Sorry about that, SimEdw it's having problems especially with his computer. Probably he will be soon back.
Zirth

So any news?

Post by Zirth »

Is SimEdw still working on the macversion?
Im really looking forward trying this game out!

/Zirth
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Anyone with a Mac should be able to check it out from CVS and compile it, right? You should just have to make sure you have the dependencies: SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer and Guichan.
SimEdw
Peon
Peon

Post by SimEdw »

Well, that depends on, it mostly the networks code that could be a problem (big and little endian). And some minor fixes and a package to get the mac feeling :)

I will be out of a mac in some time, they are expensive, but If I can lay my hands on one for just 1 hour I'll try to build it :)

PS. Doesn't sf.net has servers that are used to compile programs for Mac/windows/linux etc ? Ds
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

PS. Doesn't sf.net has servers that are used to compile programs for Mac/windows/linux etc ? Ds
yeah they have theier SF.net compiling farm
but we weould need to start the game at least for one time on a mac to be sure that it does run
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
gatti
Peon
Peon

Post by gatti »

If it hasn't been mentioned yet... For those Windows and Linux developers out there, Apple released the Mac Mini. A $500 computer with great technical specs for Beta testing.

Also, I tried running the game and I couldn't seem to create a new character it gave me an error.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

did you use the mac release or compiled you own ver. from last cvs??

well these "unknown error" thingy is known

try to login with user test and password test
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)