New creature: Royal maggot

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

New creature: Royal maggot

Post by Pajarico »

I've sketched this:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... yal_maggot
Please check the link and let's brainstorm about ideas you think I should consider. Please post reasoned out suggestions. E. g.:
BAD: "Make it... erhm, better ( :wink: )"
GOOD: "I don't like the postion of the spines. Couldyou place them nearer to the head and more numerous?"
Illustrate your suggestions with photos if needed.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm not exactly certain about combining that kind of wings with burrowing underground.

Should be either more elegant or bulkier.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

In real life maggots are the larve phase of flies. They become a pupa first before becomming a fly. But the maggots from the mana world could skip this phase and morph directly into winged creatures. This creature could be right in the metamorphosis stage.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Rotonen wrote:I'm not exactly certain about combining that kind of wings with burrowing underground.
Please elaborate why don't you see it.
Rotonen wrote: Should be either more elegant or bulkier.
Well, why not both? they aren't mutually exclusive. I thought that at this stage the body should look pretty much like the current maggot (maybe bigger) while the wings have to be very elegant and colorful that's why I posted the photos of the fish and the peacock, they don't necessariliy need to be exactly like that, it was a reference for the color, the shapes and the patterns. I want contrast and colorful patterns with colors that say "don't touch me, I'm poisonous". The following stages (which I haven't planned thoroughly) transform the maggot into a multicolor beautiful insect.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I guess I just misread the sketch as "leathery as in a bat".
This message used to be meaningful.