0.0.24 Coming Soon?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

aaaantoine
Peon
Peon

0.0.24 Coming Soon?

Post by aaaantoine »

It looks like the "things to do for 0.0.24" are just about all resolved.

http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=131

Good job, devs! Keep up the great work! :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I would prefer when 0.0.24 would be released before new years eve so we can use the new particle engine for some new years eve fireworks without having to dodge some nasty particle-related bugs in the 0.0.23 version.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Might the next release also contain the Desert revision :wink:
Pixel Battalion
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Crush wrote:I would prefer when 0.0.24 would be released before new years eve so we can use the new particle engine for some new years eve fireworks without having to dodge some nasty particle-related bugs in the 0.0.23 version.
Just note that even if we have released 0.0.24, the Ubuntu package (which it seems to me about half our current player base is using) will stay 0.0.23 until the Hardy Heron is released in April 2008. Unless we get the small crash fix into there as a patch...

Another option may be to try and get it into backports or to create our own package (maybe the-me can help), but we'll have to be fast and then still not everybody will really want to upgrade manually.

Crush: do you know which commit fixed that crash in the particle engine?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

4 months until the next release is a really long time. I think you linux guys should really try to find a workaround for this.

Regarding the particle engine bugfix: It should be revision 3345.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
aaaantoine
Peon
Peon

Post by aaaantoine »

Don't worry, Crush. Most of the Linux guys will probably just compile from source. In light of this, it's still more convenient for the Ubuntu folk if someone builds a DEB package.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Perhaps someone should contact Artificial Intelligence the Ubuntu forums staff member that seems to be the one who got TMW into Ubuntu in the first place. They may be able to help get the update posted in a timely manner to the official server. While you are at it you may want to update the package description, or at least have the typo fixed.
-Cosmostrator