Roman-esque Villa

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Roman-esque Villa

Post by Falcata »

Something that could be interesting is making a small number of villas, similar in style of the image below. I'm guessing that they could be used in the farmland area, being the home of the farmers' landlord.

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

That would go good at the beach resort. I still say the farming town should use the same tile sets as Trade City.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Looks like a nice concept. I don't believe that they would be nice a farmland area though. They seem to be more of the richer class (maybe landlord) but they would not be near the farms themselves I think from what I've learned in history. We could maybe use these as a template for some sort of richer class'/nobles' homes (with some modifications of course). I do see a posing problem though; the building is kind of on the large size and we would need a lot of space to fill many of these. If this was not used for housing I could also see this as a bath house (such as the romans had) or a home for a person in a high political rank or high in the religion area like a high priest. I don't known. I'm just speaking my mind here. :wink:
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Well, it is intended as a home or countryside getaway for rich folks. And of course it would be very big. Those with a lot of money sometimes like to build big as a way of showing off.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.