we need to get wedding in game

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

palaxius
Novice
Novice

we need to get wedding in game

Post by palaxius »

that u can merry some1 thats is kewl

exzenosis lvl 60 archer, bf of Angel
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

All mmorpg's are supposed to have social aspects, but I believe that in-game weddings are taking it too far.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

On the other hand a lot of MMORPGs have a wedding system.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

If well have it, it should be low priority. And same-sex and marriages should be possible too. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Modanung wrote:If well have it, it should be low priority. And same-sex and marriages should be possible too. :)
Indeed, honey :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Matt wrote:Indeed, honey :)
Let me be your evil rabbit. *kissykissy*
:P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
twilight
Peon
Peon

Post by twilight »

Yeah, I agree. In-game marriage should be implimented. :D

I've played a lot of different MMORPGs. The ones that included in-game marriage were MMORPGs like Deicide Online and MapleStory. In-game marriage adds to the RPG aspect of the game.

In Deicide Online the players took in-game marriage into their own hands. The marriage was "for the people, of the people, by the people". Deicide Online never had a marriage system, so players held marriage ceremonies.
I was married to a girl who had a character named "Shasta", but the game never recognised the marriage because in-game marriage was never implemented. It still happened though, and the players agknowledged it. Marriages could be anywhere we wanted because we set it up ourselves.

MapleStory on the otherhand had an in-game marriage system. One of the players (male character) had to get an engagement ring for his lover. Then they had to shell out money to buy a cash shop item that reserves the wedding cathridral. They could send invites through a presetup system that sent invite PMs to players that the people who were getting married designated. So you get to chose who you invite to your wedding. Then they set up their wedding and got married. When you got married it told everyone on the server about it through the chat system. And once you were married you had the ability (through the chat system) to get in contact with your in-game spouse no matter where you are in game.

But, the game doesn't have to recognise it. Just the players do. Like in Deicide Online.

It's a grand idea to have an in-game marriage system though. That makes it all the better.

Of course, you have to have an in-game divorce system to go along with the in-game marriage system though.

And same sex marriage should be allowed. It's a RPG. We should get to decide for ourselves who we want to marry. The game shouldn't do that for us. It's our role.
Characters:
Twilight - Main
lvl 5x Hybrid Close/Range
Geshtar - Alt
lvl 3x Pure Range
palaxius
Novice
Novice

Post by palaxius »

i got a mmorpg i am admin in Endless Online this game has marriages to

my name as admin there is teror.

exzenosis!!!!!!
Flatula
Peon
Peon

hun...

Post by Flatula »

I think in game wedding would be freaking awesome...
But if you want to merry another guy(or girl) that have the same sex as yours.... go there at santa and change your sex.... there are kids plaiyn' this game(kidding)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

There are currently a lot of things that are much more important than an ingame marriage system. But maybe someone feels like creating equipment graphics for a wedding dress and a tuxedo so that people can roleplay wedding ceremonies.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.