Christmas Event 2007

Where game and project announcements are made.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

That was a great Christmas event. I think we should try that next year too, or something like it, not the milk and cookie thing. It was really fun, and it seemed to bring everyone closer together kind of. :P

Idea:
Do something like this year's event except with presents.

Santa has lost all of his presents and it is up to the players of TMW to retrieve them so that they may be delivered to all of the people around the world. Something like that.
:wink:
Pottsi
Peon
Peon

Post by Pottsi »

CHRISTMAS 2007, YOU WERE A SUCCESS!!!

Props to everyone on and with this event. Great idea with the co-op thing. I think it got people more into the christmas spirit. It let people know that they would be rewarded for their acts instead of just waiting for 1 present from santa.

On a second note, perhaps we could do this with other holidays, like Easter. Possibly like an Easter hunt for eggs for the Easter Bunny. I don't know, a suggestion...
I'm Pottsi in the game. Need help, i'll help ya.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Oh, by the way... were there more than 10 presents that were created in case we got to 11 or higher?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I programmed the script to up to 14 presents. But I expected it to be impossible to collect that many items (819200 of each).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ae4ji
Peon
Peon

Post by ae4ji »

Congrats to who ever came up with the idea to get the gifts from Santa instead of a drop. Not that it was actually planned that way though. The Halloween event was really cool but you were at the mercy of other players honesty, such as 5t3v3, to actually receive your rewards. Even then I was only given two rewards and the players that gave them to me could have given me anything that they wanted to or didn't want themselves. Some players were bragging that they had twenty pumpkin heads etc.. I was told later that there should have been three or four dropped items and I didn't know any different at the time. The point I'm making is no one got ripped off during the Christmas event and it brought lots of people together to form a group effort, meaning that it didn't matter who picked up the milk or cookies. Hopefully all future events will be base around this same sort of structure.
Trinexx
Peon
Peon

Post by Trinexx »

Wasn't there supposed to be a "phase two"...?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The 2nd phase was claiming your presents from santa.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Christmas Event 2007

Post by 5t3v3 »

Didn't santa already leave? Well he's back, I guess it has something to do with the update that cleared the many bugs in that map? IF anyone was to late to claim their price, now's the time :)