Cemetry Map

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ravetracer
Peon
Peon

Cemetry Map

Post by Ravetracer »

In the south-west of the game is a broken bridge over a river. Whats about a cemetry map with ghost's and skeletons and so on. Good for quests too and new weapons like skeleton bow or ghost sword ...
But there's no tileset and I've got not enough time to paint, but I will see, what's possible.

Greets,
Christian from Germany
(a.k.a. Deimos in the Game)
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

I believe "cemetery" is the word you are looking for. And yes, a cemetery area would make a nice area to explore. Especially if you have underground crypts full of zombies and skeletons. As for weapons to get, there is a bone knife already planned for the game.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Anyone who feels like pixeling and animating a skeleton and/or a zombie?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
twilight
Peon
Peon

Post by twilight »

We could use the Zombie enemy from Secret Of Mana as inspiration, and an idea to work off of. Or we could make a copy of that zombie, and then recolor and change 30% of it to avoid copyright infrengement. :wink:

Here. Some enemies and a boss straight from Secret Of Mana.

Zombie:

Ghoul:

Heck Hound:

Beast Zombie:

Ghost:

Specter:

Dark Lich:

There's some inspiration for anyone willing to draw up sprites.
Characters:
Twilight - Main
lvl 5x Hybrid Close/Range
Geshtar - Alt
lvl 3x Pure Range
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

twilight wrote:Or we could make a copy of that zombie, and then recolor and change 30% of it to avoid copyright infrengement. :wink:
That would still be copyright infringement. Maybe not where you come from but different countrys have different copyright laws. Besides that it is the policy of this project that we do not rip.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
twilight
Peon
Peon

Post by twilight »

Alright. I didn't consider that. Sorry.

But still, inspiration. Something to have in mind when creating a sprite sheet.
Characters:
Twilight - Main
lvl 5x Hybrid Close/Range
Geshtar - Alt
lvl 3x Pure Range
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I was going to do something like this once but then, sigh, life happened.
Ravetracer
Peon
Peon

Post by Ravetracer »

Falcata wrote:I believe "cemetery" is the word you are looking for.
Yes, right.
I saw a cemetery map in Deloria, if you know this game. I wanted to play it, but it's only for Windows and there's no port for other systems.
Is there any resource, what colors are used in Mana World ? It would be nice to know, when I'm starting to make graphics ;).
Greets,
Christian from Germany
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You can use the full 24bit color palette when creating graphics for TMW. Check http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... evelopment for more details.
  • NOT a game master

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i've started working on cemetery some time ago... this is what i have so far:
i also have a rough concept for big crypt...
Ravetracer
Peon
Peon

Post by Ravetracer »

Hey, that's look's really good. I wish I could draw such graphics for the game like you.
Here are some drawings from me I made with my Wacom Volito 2, but I don't know, if i could draw some objects and backgrounds for Mana World.

Greets,
Christian from Germany
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ravetracer wrote:Hey, that's look's really good. I wish I could draw such graphics for the game like you.
Here are some drawings from me I made with my Wacom Volito 2, but I don't know, if i could draw some objects and backgrounds for Mana World.
When you are interested in learning the techniques to do game graphics you should check out the tutorials on the bottom ouf our style guidelines wiki page: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... #Tutorials
  • NOT a game master

Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Heres my old boss concepts if it helps
Pixel Battalion
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Cemetry Map

Post by Fother »

Has there been any work on this lately? Or is it scrapped? I found out about TMW when I (ahem) kinda ripped off the sprites to make a halloween joke on my company's intranet, and had mod the male sprite into a set of zombie sprites. I'd just have to align them to be tile correct.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Cemetry Map

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Fother J wrote:Has there been any work on this lately? Or is it scrapped? I found out about TMW when I (ahem) kinda ripped off the sprites to make a halloween joke on my company's intranet, and had mod the male sprite into a set of zombie sprites. I'd just have to align them to be tile correct.
Please. Contributions are always welcome. Just remember, we license our art under the GPL.