hair changing interface

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zipon
Novice
Novice

hair changing interface

Post by zipon »

Hey all..

i one of them players that like to change my hair all the time, but i do not like the way the menu is working now and therefor i have made a layout (only a png) that i think well work alot better.

the hair view is for changing the view in from front => right side => back => left side view in the player window.

the head armor switch is to toggle the armor on the head also in the player window.

if some one can post me a link to some guides how to code it ill like to try to make it.
the menu is only client side right?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

For technical reasons we have to use a normal NPC dialog for changing hairstyles.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Crush wrote:For technical reasons we have to use a normal NPC dialog for changing hairstyles.
hmm damn,well will it be Possible to make it in the future?
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Hmm... I had one little idea about this that could go hand-in-hand with something else. Why not have a program in which you can dress up a blank character template (probably the first view only, of the sprite standing straight and looking straight ahead) with any items in the game and any hair styles. Something like this would be like the thing http://www.gaiaonline.com uses to change their avatars. This would allow players to see what looks best and what items they should save for to create their dream character look.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I have one started, but the client files aren't very useful for this purpose. They don't specify what each item's type is.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Try the new items.xml from the trunk client.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

What I'm trying to do with this is use the files the currently installed client does, so it's always up to date in terms of content. I think for now, I'll give the slots and allow anything in them. I will have a look at that file, though.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

zipon wrote:
Crush wrote:For technical reasons we have to use a normal NPC dialog for changing hairstyles.
hmm damn,well will it be Possible to make it in the future?
Of course, with our own server and client we are free to do what we want. The limitation is chiefly server-side now, since we're using eAthena and nobody wants to touch it.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: hair changing interface

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I'm almost done with the sprite viewer. I'm having some problems with recoloring hair sprites that start out gray (which is most of them. It works for male 1, though, because it's magenta.). It allows you to view the sprite in all directions and actions and you can add any equipment (weapons are restricted to the base types as thats all the sprites there are for them). You can also view all monster sprites and browse the item database.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: hair changing interface

Post by Jaxad0127 »