Menu change

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do you like this menu?

Yes we should use that
11%
No i dont think we should use it
56%
we should do something like that
33%

Total votes: 9
Magick
Novice
Novice

Menu change

Post by Magick »

This is from my topic in the In game changes.

New menu drop box- The menu will look something like this (sorry but i just made this so its going to look weird. If it has a X there and a number and then * that means its multiplyed by that many and the * is meaning it goes down the list

------------------------------------------------------
| --- |
| | | |
| --- |
| |
-----------------------------------------------------
Ok that box right there is X4 * meaning theres 4 more like that going down. It will mean:

-left side-
First box- items
second box- stats
third box- skills
4th box- chat

as you see in the middle or all the way over until it hits the box will be the window type thing. Like if u click chat the chat box will appear there if u hit items your inventory will appear there etc. On the chat box there will be a choice of regular, global and when someone pm's you another tab will show with there name.

On the other side will be the same amount of boxes

-Right side-

first box- Whos online - shows everyone thats online- right click on the persons name to PM them

Second box- ??
third box- ??
4th box- ??

I cant remember my ideas for them but i will try and think of them. Tell me what u think of this and if u like it i will post a pic of what it should look like,
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Here is what the menu will look like. Sorry about the bad quality i went fast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ ... ample2.bmp

Hope u like it.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Could you post a bigger pic (so we can see more of what's going on) and a screenshot of what it looks like now (so us Mac users can compare)?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Here this should be much bigger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ ... le2big.bmp

Edit- Nvm..not much bigger.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well its samller but i like the concept

Talaroc: use gnopernikus
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I have Photoshop, ImageReady, and GraphicConverter. Resizing an image isn't difficult in the slightest. However, I want to be able to see the fine detail that gets lost when you shrink an image then blow it back up. That's the whole point of asking for a larger pic.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Please don't use BMP or ASCII art, use PNG and just embed a normal version using the [img] tag. I don't understand why you are adding the strange black border and resizing it like that.

From what I can see, I'm not sure if I like it. Also, the brown woody style is totally different from what we're currently working towards, so it would be quite a radical change.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

I dont want to keep the colors that is just an example. The menu would be easy to use for players and i was thinking of also adding the circle menu below the player that way the player has the choice to use either menu.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Magick wrote:I dont want to keep the colors that is just an example. The menu would be easy to use for players and i was thinking of also adding the circle menu below the player that way the player has the choice to use either menu.
We are planning on having a naviagtion menu similar to that one for players to naviagte their stats, skills, and items. The ring menu is exclusively for context commands and player/world interaction.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Sincerely I like the ring menu a lot and I'd like to use it as much as possible... :shock: