In game changes

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Magick
Novice
Novice

In game changes

Post by Magick »

There are some things we should do in game to make the game alot better. Here are a few of my suggestions.

Name- Have the name of the character appear over your head.
Global- Have a new tab on the talk menu for global chat that all players can see.

Talking- I think you should switch the right click to talk thing its really laggy i think. It would be better if u press enter to talk or something easier like that.

If i think of any others i will post them..what do you guys think?
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I can't currently play the game due to the issues in the current Mac build, but I don't think a "global" command would be a good idea. Far too easily abused; just think what would happen if someone put down a bot that was set to global spam every couple of minutes. Or just regular idiots spamming global or conducting their personal conversations through it...this has been a problem in the MUDs I've played. Rather (and I don't know what there already is), the chat types I would suggest are:
say (appears for all players in your immediate area)
tell (only the person you "tell" can see it, no distance limit)
party (only your party members can see it, no distance limit)
shout (same as "say," but with a substantially larger area)

Otherwise your suggestions sound good to me.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Yea i agree but thats the reasons there are admins to kick people that are spamming. Here are some other suggestions.

New menu drop box- The menu will look something like this (sorry but i just made this so its going to look weird. If it has a X there and a number and then * that means its multiplyed by that many and the * is meaning it goes down the list

------------------------------------------------------
| --- |
| | | |
| --- |
| |
-----------------------------------------------------
Ok that box right there is X4 * meaning theres 4 more like that going down. It will mean:

-left side-
First box- items
second box- stats
third box- skills
4th box- chat

as you see in the middle or all the way over until it hits the box will be the window type thing. Like if u click chat the chat box will appear there if u hit items your inventory will appear there etc. On the chat box there will be a choice of regular, global and when someone pm's you another tab will show with there name.

On the other side will be the same amount of boxes

-Right side-

first box- Whos online - shows everyone thats online- right click on the persons name to PM them

Second box- ??
third box- ??
4th box- ??

I cant remember my ideas for them but i will try and think of them. Tell me what u think of this and if u like it i will post a pic of what it should look like,
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Global chat is for GMs to make announcements with exclusively.

By the way, Magick, if you want to see how the new menu will probably look, check this page:
http://themanaworld.sourceforge.net/wik ... emGUINotes
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Gak. That was dumb; I totally forgot about the "ring" menu thing.

Sorry Magick, but my vote's with the menu as it stands in the wiki. A lot more of a unique flavor to it, and a less cluttered screen.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

we will probably end up using the ring menu for action commands (executed by the character), while the window stays intact for equipment, inventory, etc. windows are better at managing some things, I'll admit
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah we need some admin power in the game
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)