New map "mountainpassage" southwest of snakedesert

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

New map "mountainpassage" southwest of snakedesert

Post by 5t3v3 »

The map connects to the southeast corner of the snakedesert.

I hope to start on the caves that connect all these entrances in the weekend.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Cool. That would be great. :P
Strump
Novice
Novice

Post by Strump »

yeah i love this map :D
:D
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Why is there a cactus forest in the desert?
afs blackjack
Peon
Peon

Post by afs blackjack »

EJlol wrote:Why is there a cactus forest in the desert?
Oasis?
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Oasis has palmtrees and water, and I dont think it should be on a hill then.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

good map

Post by Merlin »

Having the caves to go with all of it would make that one great add on.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

EJlol wrote:Why is there a cactus forest in the desert?
1. I wanted to try something different to block the path near the edge
2. I thought cactus plains would be cool, I was hoping this route could lead to an even bigger cactusplain with perhaps living-cactus-monsters?
3. It's because the cave under it will have water, palmtrees don't suck deep enough? There haven't been any palmseeds blowing in that direction? There's a bit of water but ground isn't moist enough for palms? The temperatures not right? The cactuses are more patient and need less water? LoL Idk, use your imagenation :)
4. Have you never seen a cactusdesert? It's quite common in the states/mexico.

Wall anyway, If people really think this doesn't make sense I can change it to palmtree's. I just thought cacti were more fitting to the toendra-like enverimont. Real deserts have smoother hills, because the grainy sands gets picked up by wind,deserts with plateau's like I drew tend to be more rocky deserts where you find cacti instead of palms. Well like I said ,if more people feel this is off, I can always change it.
Metric5919
Peon
Peon

Post by Metric5919 »

Cactus's are in deserts. I like in Arizona and in the mountain ranges/desert areas it's full of cactus's (cacti?).
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Also in the California Desert are a lot of cactus and dry bushes (tamos) its not the "just sand" environment all the time, and yea there are hills also (rocks hills covered by the desert)

Another environment is just rocks but rounded rocks we call it "paso del diablo" ( the devil's path) because all you can see is just rocks, is located in the California desert in the border between Mexico and USA, no plants, no sand, no trees just round rocks, i think i have a picture, if I can find it I'll edit and post later
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Let's not forget iru's dried river tileset btw
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I knew you mention it here! I just knew. I supose to realease ready to map tileset in a bit modified form. without train bridge. I think tiles layout shouldn't change.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Ok, I'm done with the maps. Hope this time there aren't that many bugs in it.
I made some small changes to the maps I previously posted as images, but not enough to post em all over again, so I'll only post an image of the caves which I hadn't posted yet.

And here you can download the maps:
Some small changes to existing snake desert:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTA6FD5P
New map: mountain passage:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7M2OKQQV
New map: mountain caves:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV0PB3JJ

To make the dev's works a little bit easier, I listed the coordinates of all entrances, the coordinates of the mountain passage correspond with the coordinates of the caves. So an entrance at the passage with co(40,26) should bring the player to the same coordinates in the caves co(40,26).

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Regarding the new outdoor map: The cliffs look interesting but the rest looks quite boring IMO. Why don't you pep it up a bit by using some of the new tiles by Len?

I am also afraid you have to redo the changes at the old map because you used an outdated version.

When you want to get seriously involved into the development of TMW you should learn how to use subversion to make sure that you are always working with the latest versions of all files. It would also be a big pro when you would learn how to set up your own server and add maps to it. When you are familiar with this process Bjørn or Elvenprogrammer might consider to give you write access to subversion so that you can implement your maps without the help of another developer.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Crush wrote:When you want to get seriously involved into the development of TMW you should learn how to use subversion to make sure that you are always working with the latest versions of all files. It would also be a big pro when you would learn how to set up your own server and add maps to it. When you are familiar with this process Bjørn or Elvenprogrammer might consider to give you write access to subversion so that you can implement your maps without the help of another developer.
Indeed. The position of mapper is still available. What we really need despite the creativity of our users is someone reliable and willing to fix the nasty bugs our players discover. It is not that hard, a matter of 5 minutes/month, but will help other developers (Crush in particular) to spend their precious time into something more interesting.