Are Bots Allowed?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Pupukarhu
Peon
Peon

Are Bots Allowed?

Post by Pupukarhu »

I noticed couple of players standing still in the bat cave and killing whatever was coming in range. They were surrounded by dropped items so I guess they've been doing it for quite awhile. It looked suspicious.

Is it allowed?
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

It would be suspicious if the player sat in a corner, in hiding; every time you thought you saw a monster drop an item, the item immediately vanished. That is abusing other players.

What you may have witnessed, I believe, is harmless to other players. You may even desire to take the point of view that the drops are actually gifts -- for the observer -- free to take.

Wouldn't that be nice?
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Bots, at this stage, are not something that is worth spending time trying to thwart off. The game is still in alpha, so time is spent coding the basis of the game, not worrying about automated players. Please use the search function to find other posts related to bots, and you will see that this has been talked about numerous times. Thank you.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Actually, all you would have to do for that is find something that is heavy enough to hold down your ctrl button while you are away :)
This wouldn't require a bot.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

Platyna wrote:Well, time to set some rules:
1. Do not abuse other players (it means insults, swearing etc.)
2. No bots.
3. No spamming/flooding (including trade spam).
4. No begging.
5. Speak English.

These rules may change in the future, so it is worth to take a look on this thread from time to time.

Regards.
I also hate bots and like botting behaviours too.