Artists' meeting

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Artists' meeting

Post by Talaroc »

I've been thinking about the graphics stuff going on in this project for a bit, and I'd like to call a meeting of the various active spriters, as well as those people who would like to begin being active spriters.

The reasoning behind this is simple: style. TMW doesn't have a set graphics style, and the artists need to come to a consensus before a whole lot gets made, so that the game actually looks like a cohesive unit, and not an amalgom of different people's stuff (the ideal in a game is when it almost seems like there was only one artist; more than one style in the same game is distracting). It will also provide a chance for us to make sure that everyone is on the same page in terms of what exactly is wanted/needed.

Now, I'll need to know when the various artists are available, and on what format. For my part, I am open most evenings from around 10:00 to around 1:00, US central time (GMT -6). I can do AIM, Yahoo Messenger, or IRC, and can sign up on ICQ if needed (no MSN for me; I don't trust anything Microsoft).

Let me know ASAP so we can get together and work this stuff out.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah well we have a developer meeting why shouldnt we have an artist meeting ??
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Kekskiller
Novice
Novice

Post by Kekskiller »

Thats a good idea. I'm reachable at ICQ and IRC. Can somebody tell me the meeting time for Europe?
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

There isn't a set meeting time right now.

I'm thinking, since SirZat can only post on weekends, that we should shoot for sometime Saturday evening. Probably, for the best availability, we should have the meeting via IRC. What say you?
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Fine by me. Just let me know when.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Binding my Friday AND Saturday evenings.. :roll: Well for once I can be glad that I don't have much time to go out these days.. :D
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I think that the times suggested on the developers meeting thread are fine:
Friday evening 21:00 GMT (Saturday morning for NZ people)
Saturday evening 21:00 GMT (Sunday morning for NZ people)

What do you think?
The reasoning behind this is simple: style. TMW doesn't have a set graphics style, and the artists need to come to a consensus before a whole lot gets made, so that the game actually looks like a cohesive unit, and not an amalgom of different people's stuff (the ideal in a game is when it almost seems like there was only one artist; more than one style in the same game is distracting).
While i agree with this, i'm thinking that we could include some zone or bonus level with a completely different style, just to make the player go "uh, what happened?". Just an idea.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

is this syill on?
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Yeah, it is.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

When?

:wink:
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Hmm...I won't be able to make 21:00GMT; that's 3:00 in the afternoon for me, during which time I'm busy. How bout pushing it back to 23:00GMT on Saturday? I know it'd be late for some of you, but considering we live on multiple continents, we've got to try and find some sort of median time.

If anyone has an issue with that time, say so and suggest a different one. Otherwise, I'll just expect that we meet 23:00GMT Saturday, on IRC, in the same server as the main Mana World irc channel. To keep discussion focused, we'll meet up in channel #tmwart rather than #manaworld. See you then!
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

23:00 GMT is 00:00 CET, good hour :wink:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

It's Saturday now, so at which time it will be held? We need a cruel decision: all of the artists cannot attend the meeting at any given time, so we just need A time for the first meeting..
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I want to know also :(
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Well, nobody's objected to 23:00GMT, so that's what we're going with.