Cache

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Cache

Post by ZeekNyne »

Where is the cache/prefrences/app support being stored for 0.0.24? I couldn't find a folder for tmw/updates anywhere like 0.0.23 :?

I think I need to delete the cache and reupdate because it is impossible for me to get into snow town which I am presuming is from a map bug.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I don't think it's the update cache, but the ststic data files. If you extracted the update zip files into tmw's data directory, I've found that they often take precedent over files in the update directory. I had this problem too for a while and removing the maps from the data directory solved it for me.
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne »

jaxad0127 wrote:I don't think it's the update cache, but the ststic data files. If you extracted the update zip files into tmw's data directory, I've found that they often take precedent over files in the update directory. I had this problem too for a while and removing the maps from the data directory solved it for me.
Where are these directories located?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Thats system dependent. But if you don't know (and you're the only one using that computer) that probably isn't the reason (unless the mac packages already had them). 0.0.24 uses the same directories as 0.0.23.
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne »

jaxad0127 wrote:Thats system dependent. But if you don't know (and you're the only one using that computer) that probably isn't the reason (unless the mac packages already had them). 0.0.24 uses the same directories as 0.0.23.
Never had 0.0.23 installed. Just couldn't find the directories where they said they where on the http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2617 thread. I am using system 10.4.11
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You can find it under ~/.tmw (it's a hidden folder under your user directory).
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne »

So you took the files from the update directory and showed the package contents on the app and replaced the maps in the data folder?

Edit: Never mind, didnt seem to work.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Try removing all the zip files in ~/.tmw/updates and see if that helps.
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne »

Nope, it just redownloaded them on startup. Dr Wahl says the mac client seems to not be downloading the updates correctly. =\
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Calling Trapdoor!!! Come in Trapdoor!!!

Trapdoor seems to be the Mac expert. I am still not sure what is happening when it comes to the update. I know that if you build the client from svn it works fine, so there is something messing up in the automation process.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

The mac client uses the exact same code as all the other platforms use. It just additionally looks inside the .app for the data directory.

If anyone can pinpoint a file that should be loaded by updates and isn't when deleted from the data directory let me know and I can look into it.

I deleted all the map files and minimaps from the data directory and the game loaded and ran just fine.

--
trapdoor
ZeekNyne
Peon
Peon

Post by ZeekNyne »

trapdoor wrote:The mac client uses the exact same code as all the other platforms use. It just additionally looks inside the .app for the data directory.

If anyone can pinpoint a file that should be loaded by updates and isn't when deleted from the data directory let me know and I can look into it.

I deleted all the map files and minimaps from the data directory and the game loaded and ran just fine.

--
trapdoor
Were you able to walk into ice town?