Tiled Plugins for wlk files,passages.txt,and finished maps

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Tiled Plugins for wlk files,passages.txt,and finished maps

Post by Merlin »

I am unable to use the plugins with tiled. They just don't show up in the plugins windows and I need to know if it's necessary on my part to create the *.wlk for the maps I create or will that be handled by some one else?

Also is it necessary on my part to create the passages.txt files for the maps.
I think I know how to do this and if it would help get the maps I create into the game faster I will make them myself. Yet I am unsure if they work or not. I imagine this would of course be gone over BEFORE the inclusion into the game.

I would like to be able to offer complete maps, not just the tmx.gz files. This would speed the development process and hopefully get my work into the game sooner.

Thank You,
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you want to write the scripts for your maps you will have to test the scripts on a local server and you can't do this without having a walkmap. You could of course ask someone to create a walkmap for your everytime you create a new map so you can test it but it would be easier for everyone when you would solve your problem.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that. But maybe Bjørn can. He was one of the two developers of Tiled.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

Well, it´s very simple ...

1 - Download Tiled for your PC.
2 - Create a map or open one existed.
3 - Click in File > Save as ...
4 - Put the name of your map with .wlk in the end and save in the data folder of your eAthenaTMW Server.
5 - That its it ! It´s done !
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Merlin
Developer
Developer

HA!

Post by Merlin »

If only.
Do you think I post this as a problem if that was all you have to do!?

Of coarse it says there's no writer plug-in for this type of file. Even thou I KNOW the plug-in is there right in /tiled/plugins/

Just to amuse myself I'm even gonna try to install it on *ack* my sisters window machine.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll figure it out or just give up and let someone else do it. I much rather be able to deliver COMPLETE maps, but if the only thing I leave out is a wlk file, well thats not all that bad. It just impeads my ability to test them throughly.

MerlinX420