Should Leather Gloves be added in the game?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Should Leather Gloves Be added into the game?

Yes, But threw a quest only
60%
Yes, Should be in a shop,shouldn't be quest only
27%
No, There's no reason to add them
13%

Total votes: 15
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Should Leather Gloves be added in the game?

Post by Merlin »

I was wondering what everyone would think of the leather gloves being added into the game threw a quest or from a shop.

I was thinking of having a NPC that takes 10 leather shirts and 6000 gp to give you the new item. The drops are hard enough to collect ten of and would take some time.

Thank You,
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about using a drop item instead of leather shirts as exchange for leather items? We could add a "leather" item that is dropped by snakes, for example.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Or have snakes drop leather, which can be used to make leather items, such as leather jacket, leather pants, leather boots, and leather golves?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Saphy wrote:Or have snakes drop leather, which can be used to make leather items, such as leather jacket, leather pants, leather boots, and leather golves?
That's my original idea. A sort of Leather worker.
The leather items would have to created and then added. The NPC is easy enough for me to script. I believe between you and crush the graphics for the items would be rather easy. The leather gloves already exist. The boots would be the next easiest to add. The Pants and Jacket would have to sprite sheets made.

I know crush made a snake skin armor the could be used I suppose, but I think it would go with the theme as brown better. Perhaps a Black Leather biker jacket or trench coat? That would be cool. Or a leather cowboy hat?

That sounds like a better idea then offering JUST gloves.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately I am quite busy with other stuff, ATM. I can maybe find some time to pixel a leather patch icon but I won't find time for any new equipment sets that soon.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

leather goods

Post by Merlin »

The leather patch icon would at lest allow me to make the NPC and even if he only can make leather gloves at moment it would allow me to write the script for it. The other items could be added later.
I would do it myself but I don't have the talent for pixel art. I can never get the shading right.

That would help alot crush.
MerlinX420