Dynamic Ability Progression (DAP) Proposal

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

What do you think about this idea?

This is great!
14%
This is pretty good...
43%
I've seen better
14%
I don't really like it...
29%
This is Awful!! You should be ashamed for thinking it up!!
No votes

Total votes: 7
PKemrin
Peon
Peon

Dynamic Ability Progression (DAP) Proposal

Post by PKemrin »

Proposal:

What if instead of a class or job system, every time you gained a level you got a number of points, which could be used to buy abilities from a universal pool of abilities. Some of these abilities would only be available if you had the prerequisite ability's, but the basic abilities were available to everyone. (Anyone can learn everything from combat maneuvers, to healing, to spells)
The up side of this would be that every player would be unique. You might have similar abilities with other players at low levels, but at higher levels it would be rare to find two players with exactly the same skills. I suggest the following basic set of skills, which would probably need to be built upon:

Defensive Combat Maneuvers - Blocking attacks
Offensive Combat Maneuvers - Hurting others
Ranged Combat Maneuvers - Bow use
Fire Spells Offensive - Hurts with fire
Fire Spells Defensive - protects with fire
Water Spells Offensive - hurts with water
Water Spells Defensive - protects with water
Earth Spells Offensive - hurts with earth
Earth Spells Defensive - protects with earth
Air Spells Offensive - hurts with air
Air Spells Defensive - protects with air
HP Healing - cures damage to the body
Status Healing - cures things like curses, poison, and enchantments
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Do you read anything on the wiki? There are not going to be any classes/jobs in this game. And the skills and attribute system has already been decided on. Take a look at this article: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Skill_system
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
PKemrin
Peon
Peon

Post by PKemrin »

Sorry, I just had an idea and decided to post it here before I forgot it. I do read the wiki, but I haven't had the time to read the entire thing yet.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Active abilities, on the other hand, have not been decided yet. We are still open for a system regarding special attacks with melee weapons.

But we are already quite sure how we want to deal with magic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.