Player Sprite Observations

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

PKemrin
Peon
Peon

Player Sprite Observations

Post by PKemrin »

Just a couple of things I noticed:

When I put on boots, I don't see a change on my sprite

There's only one race available, and sprites isn't it!! :shock:

The sprites seem a little thin to me. Just my opinion, they should look a little chubbier :D

Anyone else notice anything worth saying about the sprites?
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Re: Player Sprite Observations

Post by Falcata »

PKemrin wrote:Just a couple of things I noticed:
When I put on boots, I don't see a change on my sprite
Last I heard, the client doesn't have the ability to render boots (or gloves) yet, and I'm not sure if there are any graphics for them yet.
PKemrin wrote:There's only one race available, and sprites isn't it!!
For now there is only one race in the game. Check this page on the wiki for more information: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Races#Mankind
PKemrin wrote:The sprites seem a little thin to me. Just my opinion, they should look a little chubbier :D

Anyone else notice anything worth saying about the sprites?
I don't think there are any problems with the current sprites.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The possibility for boots (and gloves) on sprites is there (they already have defined slots), it's just not being displayed.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It's a server-sided problem. eAthena only sends data for three equipment slots because in Ragnarok Online there are only three equipment slots that are visible.

But this won't be a problem on the new server.

Regarding graphics: I've seen a shoe spriteset on the graphic design forum somewhere.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:It's a server-sided problem. eAthena only sends data for three equipment slots because in Ragnarok Online there are only three equipment slots that are visible.

Regarding graphics: I've seen a shoe spriteset on the graphic design forum somewhere.
Weapon, helm, shield everything else in RO is treated as an abstract
The sprites seem a little thin to me. Just my opinion, they should look a little chubbier
I think they look a little like fetuses
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

OK, RO knows five visual items:

weapon
shield
upper headgear
lower headgear
middle headgear

We use the upper headgear slot for hats, the lower headgear slot for pants and the middle headgear slot for armor. We do this by declaring pants and armor as lower and middle headgear on the server side.

The shield slot can not be abused that way for shoes because it would make it impossible to equip shoes with a bow.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

Crush wrote:It's a server-sided problem. eAthena only sends data for three equipment slots because in Ragnarok Online there are only three equipment slots that are visible.

about that new server....when are we gonna be able to see all this?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

haggard wrote:

about that new server....when are we gonna be able to see all this?
When its finished of course...
Pixel Battalion
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

right....should have known i would get that answer
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

If you want to know the progress on TMWserv and the 0.1 client that uses it, check the roadmap section of the bugtracker, at http://mantis.themanaworld.org/roadmap_page.php
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

haggard wrote:right....should have known i would get that answer
You can help finishing faster, You can contribute to the game with graphics, programming, mapping, creating the backstory, if you are interested, please visit the wiki and check the tutorials
bankai
Novice
Novice

Post by bankai »

im acctualy working on a shirt its gonna take a while 2 finish, the female version is hard for me 2 come up with
WOOHOOOOOOOO