TMW on the Pandora?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Falcata
Novice
Novice

TMW on the Pandora?

Post by Falcata »

I just read about this new linux-based handheld gaming console, called the "Pandora". I got to wonder: will it be at all possible to run TMW on it? I'm thinking it would have to be modified to fit the 800x480 screen resolution, though.

The article can be found here: http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7004794073.html
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You can modify TMW for 800x480 screen resolution by setting two config variables:

Code: Select all

name="screenwidth" value="800"
name="screenheight" value="480"
There aren't many informations available about that system and its compatiblity yet but when it runs Linux it is very likely that TMW will run on it out of the box.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Well, I'm glad I know how to set screen resolution now. Anyways, I'm going to see if I can get my hands on one of these and get TMW to run on it.

If you want info on it, you can check it's developer page here: http://pandora.bluwiki.com/

Hopefully that helps.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I hate when handheld devices are released that make my Gamepark look inferior.
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

This thing actually makes just about everything else on the market look inferior.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It still won't deduct any significant market shares from the PSP and the DS because it hasn't got a marketing budget like Sony or Nintendo.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Or the Nintendo name, for that matter. I'd say the PSP is a relatively dead market -- the DS just took over and smashed all other handhelds to pieces.

This handheld might become popular among open-source enthusiasts like myself (actually, I'll probably just stick with my DS, $300+ is too much for my blood) but I doubt it will ever scratch the surface of the market that Nintendo has.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek