Mushroom Forest Progress

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Well, the north and south sections are relatively complete, but still open for changes. They can actually be added in to the game now, but I would wait so that I can make some more refinements. And so that I can finish the spore cave. I'm still open to ideas at this point, as well as new and/or improved mushroom tiles.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Good you are open to ideas, mine is to refine the whole cave, walls, floors, colors ambients, particles effects, and of course the mushrooms, the only ones that seems to fit now are the greens of the walls and the blue glowing (I created both, and they are not done yet) but the cave overall looking needs to be re-done, create new colors, better quality.

May be I'm too demanding with my own job, but I would like to have something really amazing to deliver and not just another cave as they exist in the game already, that process can take months to be finished both it worth the work.

If you decide to continue delivering the cave as it is now is OK, but as I told you before it would be better take the time to deliver something may be not better but more complete

And don't take this as imposition or like I'm trying to stop your intentions, please take it as a objective opinion :)
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I really think it'd be in the best interest of quality if you both considered working together on the graphics for this environment. I agree 100% with Axl on completely overhauling the cave's appearance. To me, the most important thing in the coming revisions will be less repetition and more size variation in the area's objects. As I said before, it would be neat if each type of mushroom came in a variety of sizes.

More about content and less about graphics, I think it'd be cool to use the mushroom forest as a subterranean link between two areas, such as the jungle and swamp in Argaes. Another idea would be to have a multi-leveled cave.. where instead of stretching horizontally in all direction, it goes down like:

mushroom cave, level 1 (easy and medium mobiles)
mushroom cave, level 2 (medium and hard mobiles)
mushroom cave, level 3 (boss and maybe an exit)

I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, with "cellar cave 1 & 2" .. going downward, that is. Suffice to say it's a good idea to make this thing lead somewhere worth exploring, instead of just a scenic place to kill mobiles, which made me think of this dumb exchange of dialogue:

:) "Hi Jim, what've you been up to?"

:| "Wandering around the mushroom cave."

:) "Any reason?"

:| "Not really. Got sprayed with spores, though"
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Well, since the whole thing's going to get an overhaul, I'll just use this as practice. Dabe, I agree with you on the mushrooms. I'm going to experiment with my original mushroom, and make a bigger version of it. Then I'll redo my smokestack mushroom and the puffballs, and perhaps experiment with new mushrooms. I'm also going to be working on a little file that has a quick description of each type of mushroom, along with rules regarding where they grow, so that each of them has it's own preferred environment.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

I think these are all good ideas, but maybe have a mushroom
monster that lives underground.I mean like it's camouflaged
like just a mushroom when suddenly when you get too close
to it it pops out and attacks you.
Like a carrot almost half of it is up from the dirt and
it looks like all that other carrots except when you come to pick
it it pops out of the dirt and attacks you when you get too close.

Just one of my ideas.
Enjoy :idea: