Adding map to a server and other things...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Adding map to a server and other things...

Post by Merlin »

Okay I thought I could figure this out.

in map_athena.conf I added the folowing line under ///Maps

map: new_23-1.gat

then added:
// Dimonds Cove 23-1
npc: npc/dimonds/dimonds.txt
npc: npc/dimonds/workers.txt
npc: npc/dimonds/doug.txt
npc: npc/dimonds/passages.txt

Then edited the existing passages.txt for map 14-1 and added:

new_14-1.gat,36,94 warp toinside 1,1,new_23-1.gat,32,44

When I run the map server I get the folowing error.
data\new_23-1.gat not found
Removing map [ new_23-1.gat ] from maplist

I added the wlk file that crush provided for me so I can test this. I don't see how it can't find the file?

I can't seem to add this map.
What am I doing wrong?
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

You need to add the following line to resnametable.txt

Code: Select all

new_23-1.gat#new_23-1.wlk#
Merlin
Developer
Developer

yet another problem

Post by Merlin »

I added the line to the file...The map loads now but now I get the folowing error:

Loading NPCs [438]: npc/south-woodland/monsters.txt bad warp line : tofield 1,1,new_23-1.gat,32,44

Loading NPCs [837]: npc/arena/monsters.txt unexpected expr end line 2 : ','{

I don't know whats causing the 2nd one. The first one is a problem with the warp I tried to put in, It's a 1x1 doorway warp to the inside of the new map.

I hope some can help...
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Looks like some statement or block is not terminated properly in the last one of your script files (eAthena often reports such errors in the next file).

Make sure that every line ends with a ";" and every block with a "}"
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

And remember that eAthena is tab-sensistive, so the tabs in defining a script are not there just for layout purposes.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

thats wierd..

Post by Merlin »

I check the code. I forgot some. I re-ran he map server and still get the same error. (I deleted the warp location to see about the scripts.)
The last file is rather short and simple.

new_23-1.gat,23,70,0 script Josh 102,{
mes "We're working on getting the cellar pass open.";
close;
}
new_23-1.gat,39,75,0 script Zack 102,{
mes "My brother and I are fixing the cellar pass.";
close;
}

I find it weird that is shows the error in the "next" file and not the one with the problem. Is there something I'm missing here??
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The eAthena script parser has some very weird bugs. Sometimes it helps to add some additional line breaks to the end of the file. Sometimes you have to replace tabs with spaces or vice versa. It is really hard to tell.

Do you now see why we add new maps so rarely?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

new maps

Post by Merlin »

Now I know why!?!? LOL! I thought maybe it was just me. I now understand the NEED for a new server software. eAthena is garbage. I still can't seem to get the warps down thou. It keeps telling me its a bad warp. I don't understand how it could be bad? The locations are there...The map is there...How is it bad? I really don't get it. This one little make a new map project has turned into a nightmare. Alot of people would like to see this in the game and I'm afraid I can't make it happen. This greatly discourages me from making any more maps. I planned on making many maps as to expand the playable area and have found it impossible to produce finished results. I hope that the new server will not have these issues and then maybe it will be worth while to create new maps.I'm familiar with LUA and I think once the new server is finished I will be glad to create maps and quests for TMW. I'm gonna keep trying to get this to work. However I think I've been beat by this garbage server. If anyone has an idea or can get it to work please let me know how.

Perhaps in the future...

(EDIT:I tried once again...who knew that a little space was actually a TAB!
I got it to load the warp, but when ever I enter the warp the program just crashes. I think it's purely client sided now (Not having the map in right location!) It's 12:42 and I'm done for today. Maybe I'll make some progress tomorrow. I have a couple days off and plan on beating this! I have some issues with by-passing updates. (Thats another post!) I'll keep hacking away at this thing until I get it! I'm bound and determined to be able to add maps!! Once I figure this out watch out TMW I'm gonna map my butt off! There's LOTS of maps to be added in the northwest and I hope I make a impact and help this game get better. The one thing that draws me so much to this game is the chance to make something better instead of just complaining about it. I see lots of talented people working on graphic tilesets and new music being brought forth. New animations are in the works and I think this game will be totally awesome once the new server gets done and the REAL TMW can begin! Let it be known 1 am and I'm still at it!)
MerlinX420