Training

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Should there be a training ground

Poll ended at 10 Feb 2008, 20:18

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5
pey512
Peon
Peon

Training

Post by pey512 »

I want to start development on a training ground for new users but i wanna know if i can and how ppl feel
Simeon
Peon
Peon

Post by Simeon »

From what I gather, there will be a newbie friendly place where they can learn the game, see the images in this thread for example: Newbie-friendly North Argaes geography. I'm sure it'll feature a training ground of some sorts where people can learn the basics of fighting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Do you want to create a tutorial course for the old server or for the new server?

When you do it for the old server you should realize that it won't live very long because it is very unlikely that anything of it can be used for the new server. The game mechanics and the scripting language will be completely different.

The development of the new server, on the other hand, isn't advanced enough to even plan a tutorial yet. The script bindings don't have all the capabilities you would need for a really good tutorial and a lot of core game mechanics which would have to be explained during a tutorial haven't even been conceptualized yet.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
pey512
Peon
Peon

Post by pey512 »

My basic idea is an area where new players learn basic skills and can fight a small variety of weak monsters before going to the world server
Deranous
Peon
Peon

Re: Training

Post by Deranous »

Like a tutorial?
Im Teh Uberleet!

RAW
OWNAGE
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Re: Training

Post by bigglesworth »

I think I understand.

You want a tutorial like "the Battle for Wesnoth" has a tutorial?

edit:

I just saw this...
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 2&start=15