IDEA

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Flare
Peon
Peon

IDEA

Post by Flare »

ok since we so far are talking about not having actual classes to choose from and just having it as however you build but having guilds so that you can have titles pretty much showing what you do, i think maybe if Tal wouldnt mind putting int he extra work or what not, having to where if you have certain title you get maybe 1 special ability/spell and have cool animation for it, which will make each title or guild unique from others instead of everyone doing same thing and not being different except for the title which wouldnt mean much if you didnt have something to show for it, but they should be rewarded by picking certaing uilds by a special ability that comes with the title and guild.
It would eventually mean more work on sprites and animation of all the clothing and what not and for the programmer but it would give the game something that other games that just have guild system wouldnt have.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Problem with that: whichever system gets used (I'm somewhat hazy on that at the moment), it's going to be big. Dynamic titles means a lot of possible titles, and the guild system as currently planned is based upon player creating guilds of their own, which means an indefinate number. Otherwise, I would say it would be cool.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

... if you have certain title you get maybe 1 special ability/spell and have cool animation for it, which will make each title or guild unique from others instead of everyone doing same thing and not being different except for the title ...
Well actually the title is the only information other players have about what kind of character you are. It is otherwise irrelevant, and pretty much all players will be unique and doing different things already because they're not pushed into a classes system.
Flare
Peon
Peon

Post by Flare »

Talaroc wrote:Problem with that: whichever system gets used (I'm somewhat hazy on that at the moment), it's going to be big. Dynamic titles means a lot of possible titles, and the guild system as currently planned is based upon player creating guilds of their own, which means an indefinate number. Otherwise, I would say it would be cool.
Ok well witht hat said, maybe then when people make thier own guilds make it to where they can pick between anumber of 1 specail ability thier whole guild gets, that has a cool animation with it, to make all the guilds different if ur talkin about clanlike guilds, and not just guilds that each individual gets in, and you could make it low number like 4 special abilities to choose from, and them only being able to pick 1 of the 4 yes alot of guilds would have same ability but there is the possibility of alot being different also, and the ability could have same amount of attk power but just different animations, just an idea...