Joystick Support

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Rivix
Peon
Peon

Joystick Support

Post by Rivix »

I have a controller that looks much like a ps2 controller. I was wondering if there was a way to change the movement from the joystick to the d-pad, as well as reassign the buttons
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Hi,

Do you mean the Digipad? The Digipad works for me (on a simple Logitech Gamepad).

Regarding reassigning the buttons... Finally after 6 or more months my patch was accepted, and it's planned for the next release. It allows to reassign the buttons and makes fighting monsters and picking-up items more easier.

If you know how to compile the tmw-client your self, you can install the patch: http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=151
and it should work :)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
Rivix
Peon
Peon

Post by Rivix »

If the digipad is the directional pad then yes. For some reason it's not working for me, didnt know if it was on me or the programs fault (Though it works in other games, could be cause it was cheap as hell) Also, I'm glad to know that button configuration will be in the next update, hope that update comes soon :D
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We still need a volunteer to actually do this task. Unfortunately I don't even own a joystick or gamepad.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
red_eye
Peon
Peon

Re: Joystick Support

Post by red_eye »

Has this been merged int CVS yet?