Mapping Forum

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Mapping Forum

Post by leeor_net »

Perhaps it would be helpful if there was a forum dedicated to mapping?
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

That's more or less the content forum at the moment. Not much else seems to go on there.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I understand that much... maybe then a subforum? I dunno -- I just think that mapping is such a major part of content development that it ought to have its own forum. Like artwork... player artwork would be in a different category than enemy artwork. Of course, I could just be getting ahead of myself... :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I'm sure if there were ever an overflow of threads about maps, it will be given its own forum.. but I doubt that will ever need to happen.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'd say when a team of five core mappers are requesting a forum in unison, there's a point to make one.
This message used to be meaningful.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

mapping forum

Post by Merlin »

It would allow the mappers to have a more concise base to discuss mapping and make sure everyone is on the same page so to say. I find myself jumping between the content dev and general dev bases and then into the graphics forum discussing maps and whatever else I might need to know about.

There might not be a whole lot of demand or necessity for it but it would make things easier,
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Any other core people having anything to say on this topic? I think i've made my standing point clear now and in the past too.

This would help the mapping development, as far as I can see.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I think we used to have separate a forum for map development, but please just use the content development forum for it now.