Northern Forest Expansion Map Idea and Geography Questions

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I don't understand why it takes so long to "get the drops" for an item that is part of the creature you just killed. In the case of the proposed mushroom creature, presumably you'd just take the entire corpse. I understand doing stuff like this with the current public server, but in the future as tmwserv becomes mature, I hope some less monotonous quests can be scripted. Killing hundreds of creatures to get 30 bug legs for example.. ZZZzzzzz...

There could be a lagoon south of the woodland village, maybe you could take a stab at that, too. I had imagined a small area where the land meets the water, not necessarily a beach.. nestled between two cliffs.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

dabe wrote:I don't understand why it takes so long to "get the drops" for an item that is part of the creature you just killed. In the case of the proposed mushroom creature, presumably you'd just take the entire corpse. I understand doing stuff like this with the current public server, but in the future as tmwserv becomes mature, I hope some less monotonous quests can be scripted. Killing hundreds of creatures to get 30 bug legs for example.. ZZZzzzzz...
The current scripting language is restricting the quests. Of course in the future more elaborate quest could be made. Basically right now I'm just trying to come up with ideas with what's already there.
dabe wrote: There could be a lagoon south of the woodland village, maybe you could take a stab at that, too. I had imagined a small area where the land meets the water, not necessarily a beach.. nestled between two cliffs.
I could do that south west of this map. I could add those dock tiles i seen to the woodland tileset for it.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

My mistake; I thought you were trying to design something for the new server. :)
Merlin
Developer
Developer

maps

Post by Merlin »

No it's for the current server but made to fit into the planned geography.
Hence the removal of the large lakes that aren't suppose to be there.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?