New Tune

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rating?

It's wonderful!
No votes
Yea, for lost woods etc.
33%
Normal, take it.
No votes
Annoying
No votes
Crap
67%

Total votes: 6
jpzk
Peon
Peon

New Tune

Post by jpzk »

--
Last edited by jpzk on 17 Feb 2008, 12:45, edited 2 times in total.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: New Tune

Post by Platyna »

Maybe you could post it in some decent format?

Regards.
jpzk
Peon
Peon

Post by jpzk »

Changed the format ;)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

A decent one is ogg or mp3 not some weird winformat.

Regards.
jpzk
Peon
Peon

Post by jpzk »

m4a is playable on vlc, mplayer, quicktime, winamp, isnt that enough? :P
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

In this format it can't be included in TMW anyway, so if you want to be stubborn, then ok - have fun.

Regards.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Where's the file?? I don't see a link of any kind in your posts.
obtw. You should really use ogg. If you can't I can convert it for you.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Keni
Peon
Peon

Post by Keni »

You can use SoundCoverter and edit the Preferences
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

We do appreciate contributions, but they have to comply to our content standards, the soundfiles contributed to the project are supposed to be in OGG format.

Regards.
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

Platyna wrote:We do appreciate contributions, but they have to comply to our content standards, the soundfiles contributed to the project are supposed to be in OGG format.

Regards.
And it's soooo hard for you to convert it to ogg? :roll:

It would take you about 5 minutes - you just crack it open in VLC, and export it. I can't remember if VLC directly exports to OGG, or if you'll have to export to wav, and then open in up in the OSS program Audacity, and use that to do the wav->ogg conversion. But either way it's a quick, 5-10 minute job.

If you value contributors to your game, then meet them halfways with things like this; they're doing you a favor by doing the thing you can't, which is making music. Because of that, you should help them with any of the stuff you can do to make their contributions easier - all of the technical stuff that musicians don't necessarily understand, like file types, wiring it into the game data scripts, and committing it to your version control system. If a person goes out of their way to make a perfectly good song, and you reject it for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual music inside the song, that's grossly insulting to them. It's also a great way to drive away contributors - which you might have just done. :(
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Also doing that (and especially making the song unavailable) before I even have the time react, is rather bad.
This message used to be meaningful.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Jetryl wrote:
Platyna wrote:We do appreciate contributions, but they have to comply to our content standards, the soundfiles contributed to the project are supposed to be in OGG format.

Regards.
And it's soooo hard for you to convert it to ogg? :roll:

It would take you about 5 minutes - you just crack it open in VLC, and export it. I can't remember if VLC directly exports to OGG, or if you'll have to export to wav, and then open in up in the OSS program Audacity, and use that to do the wav->ogg conversion. But either way it's a quick, 5-10 minute job.
And who I am? A music maker? No. I have no hell idea what VLC is and I do value my 10 minutes.
If you value contributors to your game, then meet them halfways with things like this; they're doing you a favor by doing the thing you can't, which is making music. Because of that, you should help them with any of the stuff you can do to make their contributions easier - all of the technical stuff that musicians don't necessarily understand, like file types, wiring it into the game data scripts, and committing it to your version control system. If a person goes out of their way to make a perfectly good song, and you reject it for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual music inside the song, that's grossly insulting to them. It's also a great way to drive away contributors - which you might have just done. :(
We do value contributors who are providing useful content and are not taking offences because one tells them to use a decent, open source format. I don't know if Elven and Bjorn, but I couldn't care less if a exalted kid sulks off, such people do more harm to the team than the profit, It is my personal opinion, which I have a right to have. I think there is enought said in this subject.

Regards.