[RESOLVED] tmwserv NPC Interaction

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

Well, I've poked around a bit and I can't seem to get it working right.

I've been trying to add NPC's to my maps... and they show up, but when I try to interact with them, nothing happens. (and yes, I've been right-clicking on them).

I copied a sample NPC from one of the TMW maps to my map code but with no luck. My guess is that libtmw.lua isn't being loaded but this is just a guess. There are no clues in any of the log files.

Any thoughts on what I can look at to attempt to resolve this?
Last edited by leeor_net on 18 Feb 2008, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I have no clue what I did, but it's working now... go figure... :P
- Leeor

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: [RESOLVED] tmwserv NPC Interaction

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Just make sure you're near enough for the NPC to answer. Many times that made me think they were not working.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Re: [RESOLVED] tmwserv NPC Interaction

Post by leeor_net »

You know what, that's exactly what 'solved' my problem. I realized this when I ran the SVN version of TMW client with its original maps and couldn't interact with them until I got close enough.

Sounds like it's time to add one of those "You're not close enough" messages for dummies like me!

Although, the mouse pointer could change for interactive things like that... like in World of Warcraft. Just a thought... :)
- Leeor