Mountain Pass

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Mountain Pass

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Here's what I have so far for the mountain pass. The top of the pass map will be the forest on the other side. Most of the caves are up for grabs. I'm going to do the south eastern three (not including the one with the danger sign). I'm also going to do the map to the west, but not the north. That one is available.

Image (3272116 bytes, 2496x3200 pixels)
Download the map (23834 bytes)
Last edited by Jaxad0127 on 17 Mar 2008, 18:51, edited 2 times in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Mountain Pass

Post by Crush »

Looks nice, but I wonder how you want to solve a few collision layer problems.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:Looks nice, but I wonder how you want to solve a few collision layer problems.
Where? The bridge over the main path won't be usable until action layers are available.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I like the change, even the change I'd have to make to map 9. Yes that action layer. Been needing that one for while.
Good work. I like the direction the map is going in. Let me know when you not going to change the cliffs anymore so I can change map9.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, I was mainly talking about the bridge. But there also a few other places that won't work without action layers. At least not very good. I marked them in red:
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

All cliff edges collide (for that reason).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

So you have an "invisible wall" one tile before the edge? Not a very beautiful solution but unfortunately the only solution which is currently available.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MerlinX420 wrote:I like the change, even the change I'd have to make to map 9. Yes that action layer. Been needing that one for while.
Good work. I like the direction the map is going in. Let me know when you not going to change the cliffs anymore so I can change map9.
Have you started on the map west of 9 yet?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

No. I was working back tword the town to make to other maps go with this one. Map 14 is down..I've started that and am almost finished with that and then the other maps east still need to be changed. Then I've starting on working on new caves. So the area is still up for grabs and alterations if need be.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I've posted an updated image and the tmx file in the first post. If there are no problems with the bottom of the map (row 153 and below is what needs to be copied), MerlinX420 can copy the changes to map 9. Note that this map is two tiles wider that map 9.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Thanks for the file. I can finish that up then. Too bad I can't use TMX copy! I've had to do all my copying by hand becuse I lack a windows machine, so I should get it done sometime soon. I almost have the re-worked map14 done and should move on to the other maps east of 9 tonight. What direction do you plan on working on? North or West? I'm also going to try and get the caves I started done and the inside of the buildings. I also have some things to add onto the inside of dimonds cove so I have a full schedule ahead of me.
I just want to know what direction you plan on working in so I can go the opposite way and keep from both of us making maps for the same zone.
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

MerlinX420 wrote:Too bad I can't use TMX copy!
Too bad I can not help you with that as long as you refuse to describe what your problem is.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MerlinX420 wrote:Thanks for the file. I can finish that up then. Too bad I can't use TMX copy! I've had to do all my copying by hand becuse I lack a windows machine, so I should get it done sometime soon. I almost have the re-worked map14 done and should move on to the other maps east of 9 tonight. What direction do you plan on working on? North or West? I'm also going to try and get the caves I started done and the inside of the buildings. I also have some things to add onto the inside of dimonds cove so I have a full schedule ahead of me.
I just want to know what direction you plan on working in so I can go the opposite way and keep from both of us making maps for the same zone.
I'll work north (and west of the pass, theres a road going in that direction. Have big plans for it). I was just wondering because I made some changes to to the south west of the passage, use either version you want to, I'll adapt.

Crush, I had to do my copying on a Windows machine because I can't get tmxcopy to compile under Linux (or Windows for that matter, used your precompiled exe). Here's the message I keep getting:

Code: Select all

/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o: In function `std::__verify_grouping(char const*, unsigned int, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
main.cpp:(.text+0xe): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::size() const'
main.cpp:(.text+0x59): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned int) const'
main.cpp:(.text+0x97): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned int) const'
main.cpp:(.text+0xdf): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned int) const'
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
main.cpp:(.text+0x129): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o: In function `__tcf_0':
main.cpp:(.text+0x176): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text+0x1b0): undefined reference to `std::cerr'
main.cpp:(.text+0x1b5): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x1cc): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x1ed): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x1f8): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::~allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x25b): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x27c): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x28f): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::~allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x2a8): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::~allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x2e6): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x2f9): undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::~allocator()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x323): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator=(char const*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x356): undefined reference to `std::cerr'
main.cpp:(.text+0x35b): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x363): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x36b): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& (*)(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&))'
main.cpp:(.text+0x37a): undefined reference to `std::cerr'
main.cpp:(.text+0x37f): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x387): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x38f): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& (*)(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&))'
main.cpp:(.text+0x3b4): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x3c6): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x3db): undefined reference to `Map::Map(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x3ec): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x405): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x424): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x441): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x453): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x468): undefined reference to `Map::Map(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x479): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x492): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x4b1): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x4f8): undefined reference to `Map::overwrite(Map*, int, int, int, int, int, int)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x50a): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x51c): undefined reference to `Map::save(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)'
main.cpp:(.text+0x527): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x540): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x56a): undefined reference to `__cxa_begin_catch'
main.cpp:(.text+0x57b): undefined reference to `__cxa_end_catch'
main.cpp:(.text+0x595): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x5a5): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x5d0): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x5e0): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
main.cpp:(.text+0x60b): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x624): more undefined references to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()' follow
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o:(.gcc_except_table+0x7c): undefined reference to `typeinfo for int'
/tmp/ccCw9hH2.o:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I also had problems with it. It refuses copy row 0 and I think it switches height and width if width if significantly larger. I had to break the copying into smaller, vertical chunks for it to work.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

okay...what about all the caves in that map? I noticed alot of cave entrances. Do you plan on making caves for those also?
I hope you can somehow get tmxcopy to compile on linux because I also need it. Copying by hand is time consuming.
I noticed the changes you made and I can accommodate those no problem. There isn't too much that I would have to change
MerlinX420
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MerlinX420 wrote:okay...what about all the caves in that map? I noticed alot of cave entrances. Do you plan on making caves for those also?
For the caves, I'm going to do the eastern most three (the ones east of the one with the warning sign out front). The others are up for grabs.
MerlinX420 wrote:I noticed the changes you made and I can accommodate those no problem. There isn't too much that I would have to change
You can use either version (yours or mine), I don't care.