Optimized graphics

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Skiessi

Optimized graphics

Post by Skiessi »

I optimized the PNG files in the graphics folder with OptiPNG to reduce file size.

http://www.2shared.com/file/2911933/a35 ... cstar.html
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Optimized graphics

Post by i »

cool, but consider that every change in current graphics (tilesets, sprites, etc) destroy your precious optimizations. Anyway OptiPNG is nice way to reduce filesize without loosing quality (or information) of image. But in my opinion is too early to filesize optimizations - it can be done via bash script - and it really doesn't take much time. However I like your idea.
Skiessi

Post by Skiessi »

They're not precious, I just did it and couldn't commit to SVN so I posted them here.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I guess it should be done for releases. No good reason not to do so.
This message used to be meaningful.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Rotonen wrote:I guess it should be done for releases. No good reason not to do so.
Yep, it would slightly decrease the size of releases. Maybe we should consider making scripts to auto optimalization of graphics before release? Some bash or perl script could make that process easier and faster.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

i wrote:Yep, it would slightly decrease the size of releases. Maybe we should consider making scripts to auto optimalization of graphics before release? Some bash or perl script could make that process easier and faster.
Once we actually have a script to release dynamic updates, it would indeed be a good idea to automatically optimize the PNG images in it.