Inventory Order

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

Inventory Order

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) »

A feature that I really appreciate for future release is the possibility of changing the order of your items in the Inventory Window. Many players love to have the list ordered, and it will help also in selling items. Maybe you can add e button for moving an item from a place to another, or also a 'automatic sort' for power, ID, etc...

Do you agree?
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Inventory Order

Post by Crush »

• former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) »

Thank you Crush ^^

We will wait ^^
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Along this line (inventory window) how about combining the inventory and equipment window. I don't see any reason to have both. Maybe just put the equipment list on the right or left side (or allow the player to choose). How about keyboard controls too? Move through your inventory with the arrow keys, press a button to select an item and press it again to use it. If you've selected it you can select another slot to drop it into, or if its equipable it automatically appears in the equipment section in the appropriate slot, just hit that button again to confirm the placement and possibly swap it with what was there.

An even cooler suggestion: make the inventory screen slide in like old school LoZ!
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

The equipment window is useful for keeping track of how many arrows one has. On the inventory window, it just says "Equipped" and not how many arrows there are.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If there were separate slots on the side for equipment, there would be any need for "Eq" under the items.
Sertraline
Novice
Novice

Post by Sertraline »

I still think that having a tiny window to let you know that kind of esoteric information is more useful than merging it into a larger window that I really don't want cluttering my screen.
bleugrey
Peon
Peon

Post by bleugrey »

I think that having tabs in the inventory window would be better than just being able to move stuff around. For example, you have a clothing tag (w/ wearable items), a weapon tab, a potion or food tab (w/ edible healing items), etc... That way the items are automatically separated and easy to find and distinguish.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

bleugrey wrote:I think that having tabs in the inventory window would be better than just being able to move stuff around. For example, you have a clothing tag (w/ wearable items), a weapon tab, a potion or food tab (w/ edible healing items), etc... That way the items are automatically separated and easy to find and distinguish.
That has been brought up before and from the conversation, it looks like we're going to have them (with one for all, of course).
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Interlinking to Mantis ticket numero 481, «Inventory sorting».