TMWServ Development Report February 2008

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TMWServ Development Report February 2008

Post by Crush »

The main focus of development in February was the implementation of the possibility to read monster properties from an external XML file. This allows us to define different monster types with different gameplay characteristics.

Besides that we also fixed a few smaller things like player respawn, some improvements at the monster AI and a more beautiful skill gui. Trapdoor also merged his current work at the guild system into the trunk version, but it is not in a usable state yet.

A documentation of the new monster database can be found on the wiki. As you can see on the todo list at the end of the article it is almost completely implemented. This finally allows us to create a database of different monster types with different challenge levels and test them in the game.

Because the new client/server combination is close to reaching a state where it becomes playable, the increasing possibilities to do content development as a non-programmer and a general increase in interest I will from now on create a windows build of both the client and the server every month and publish it in my development reports.
http://www.crushnet.org/tmw/TMW0.1.0-re ... -build.zip
Note that they are released as pre-alpha versions for testing purpose. They are intended for experienced, tech-proof users who are taking part in the development and not for real gameplay.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bahamut81
Peon
Peon

Re: TMWServ Development Report February 2008

Post by Bahamut81 »

SDL_ttf.dll seems to be missing (download: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/ ).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

added.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

I dont get a connection to any test-server (neither animesites.de:9601, which is pre-entered in the client, nor testing.themanaworld.org:9601).

Are the Testservers permanently down or is it a problem with the precompiled package?

Best regards
mandrake
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Start your own server.
  • NOT a game master

Rodge
Peon
Peon

Post by Rodge »

mandrake, running your own server isn't hard. You'll need to copy over the data files from the tmw client to get it to work though. Start tmwaccount-serv first. Then make sure that data folder is in the directory you're in and make sure the scripts folder, and maps.xml from tmwserv trunk is in there. Call tmwgame-serv, and everything should be running, so you can just connect to localhost. Note that tmwaccount-serv will dump the accounts database in the directory you're in, so you'll have to move there whenever you wanna start it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I've already put all the necessary data files into the server folder of my windows build.
  • NOT a game master

Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

question? if we log on to the test server, create a profile; will our stats that we accumulate carry over to the finished game?
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's quite unlikely.
  • NOT a game master

leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I'm not a developer but I can assume that the answer is no. I'm not sure exactly how the TMW team wants to develop the server but I would guess that there will be some changes to the database structre that TMWSERV uses. If this is the case, it may be difficult to update any records that may have been created before the database change.
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Well, it is possible to save the contents of the database and reimport it later when something at the database layout changes. But this means additional work. So why bother?

The testserver is just for testing, not for real gameplay. Assume that everything you got there can be deleted every minute.
  • NOT a game master

cg21
Peon
Peon

Post by cg21 »

help!

||=== TMWServ Accountserver, default ===|
.objs\src\account-server\dalstorage.o:dalstorage.cpp:(.text+0xaa4e)||undefined reference to `Guild::Guild(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\account-server\dalstorage.o:dalstorage.cpp:(.text+0xad70)||undefined reference to `Guild::addMember(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x2303)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::doesExist(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x354b)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::doesExist(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x356d)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::createGuild(std::string const&, std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3594)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findByName(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3798)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x37c4)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkLeader(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x38a2)||undefined reference to `Guild::addInvited(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b64)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b86)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkInvited(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b9f)||undefined reference to `Guild::addMember(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3d2a)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3d76)||undefined reference to `Guild::getMember(int) const'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3eb2)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3ed0)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkInGuild(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3efc)||undefined reference to `Guild::removeMember(std::string const&)'|
||=== Build finished: 17 errors, 0 warnings ===|
GonzoDark
Warrior
Warrior

Post by GonzoDark »

cg21 wrote:help!

||=== TMWServ Accountserver, default ===|
.objs\src\account-server\dalstorage.o:dalstorage.cpp:(.text+0xaa4e)||undefined reference to `Guild::Guild(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\account-server\dalstorage.o:dalstorage.cpp:(.text+0xad70)||undefined reference to `Guild::addMember(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x2303)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::doesExist(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x354b)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::doesExist(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x356d)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::createGuild(std::string const&, std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3594)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findByName(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3798)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x37c4)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkLeader(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x38a2)||undefined reference to `Guild::addInvited(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b64)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b86)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkInvited(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3b9f)||undefined reference to `Guild::addMember(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3d2a)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3d76)||undefined reference to `Guild::getMember(int) const'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3eb2)||undefined reference to `GuildManager::findById(short)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3ed0)||undefined reference to `Guild::checkInGuild(std::string const&)'|
.objs\src\chat-server\chathandler.o:chathandler.cpp:(.text+0x3efc)||undefined reference to `Guild::removeMember(std::string const&)'|
||=== Build finished: 17 errors, 0 warnings ===|
Wow you failed to see the "Bug Reports" under "Support" in the forum main page :shock:

here is a link for you, so you don't get lost again;

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewforum.php?f=3

// GonzoDark
IchigoBlack (86) a.k.a GonzoDark (80) || HolyManaClan

cg21
Peon
Peon

Post by cg21 »

Sorry! Know!