BG Music for the Mana World Theme, Fresh / Beach / Island

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What about this Background Track?

Like it!!!
50%
Sounds like a Anime RPG Background tune, I'll take it!
36%
Sounds boring :(
14%

Total votes: 14
jpzk
Peon
Peon

BG Music for the Mana World Theme, Fresh / Beach / Island

Post by jpzk »

Hey there,

I like to send my little MMORPG Background Track to the Mana World, please give me feedback. If you want to integrate it to the App, feel free it's under the GPL, furthermore i like to publish it exclusivly for the Mana World :)

--EDITED--

Improved realistic sound, loop slicing and mastering :-)

http://creedius.gamer-board.net/TheMana ... Island.mp3
http://creedius.gamer-board.net/TheMana ... Island.aif

--EDITED--

Check it out :)

Cya in the Mana World
Last edited by jpzk on 15 Jan 2008, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

it'd be nicer if it didn't have quite the MIDI sound. use more realistic sounding samples. use a program like garage band if you can. when i loop the track too it doesn't quite loop smoothly. all in all though a much better track than most.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

also, i think they prefer ogg vorbis format instead of mp3
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I quite like the track. But zick got a point. The sample selection, looping behavior and mastering quality could be improved.

And when possible we would like to have it in OGG format. We can convert it, of course, but you could provide a higher quality file by rendering the song directly to OGG or by creating an OGG file from an MP3 with maximum quality or even better a lossless audio format when your software doesn't support OGG directly.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
jpzk
Peon
Peon

Post by jpzk »

Good night!

Thanks for feedback, it really helped me to improve the track in more realistic sound, better loop slicing and mastering quality! I tried my best, so check it out :D (Keep in mind, the track starts with main melody, because of ending with it.)

http://creedius.gamer-board.net/TheMana ... Island.mp3
http://creedius.gamer-board.net/TheMana ... Island.aif

Furthermore i uploaded a lossless version for the team :-)

And good night, everyone.
jpzk
Peon
Peon

Post by jpzk »

Hey, i just want to ask the developers if this could be the bg music for hurnscald :-) I think it fits perfectly the lovely scenario :)

Greetings!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You think so? Nah, I think it sounds too maritime for Hurnscald. But the new harbor town which is in development would maybe fit better.

Oh, and moved to content development.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Blamoo
Novice
Novice

Re: BG Music for the Mana World Theme, Fresh / Beach / Island

Post by Blamoo »

Broken link O_o