updated map 9 next draft

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: updated map 9 next draft

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I've started working on the mountain pass. If you've made any more changes to the top of your map, could you please post a new version so I can integrate your changes?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

The top hasn't changed. I think the other post about this map is more current. IDK. The top hasn't changed any thou so feel free to do the pass. I'm fixing map 14 right now to match this one.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

There are some missing ground tiles just east of the small pond near the buildings.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I've fixed those long ago.. The new set will be posted soon.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Here is the latest changes I've made to the woodland maps. I can't use TMXCopy (No windows) and the process of having to copy all the changes made by the mountain pass map is just too much for me to do. At this rate it would take another week to make all the changes to the necessary maps. Perhaps SOMEONE with TMXCopy and that can use it can help this get done quicker.
I have included the wlk files also. There shouldn't be any change as this all has to do with border area stuff and nothing accessible.
I will have to say this is MUCH harder then creating a map from scratch. Doing this by hand is incredible difficult to get right.
Even if it took a week to get converted by someone it still would be done faster then I can do it by hand.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. I want to keep mapping but the lack of being able to use TMXCopy has rendered my attempts futile.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/20/ ... ft3.tar.gz

Thank You,
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I can do this for you. But I have to admit that i lost track of the latest events on the mapping sector. So could you please explain exactly what parts of which version of which map have to be copied to which version of which map?

Btw: isn't there something you can do with that empty area in the northwest corner of map 18? Like adding an additional crop field or extending the cliff, for example?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

the mountain pass map. the cliffs used have to be copied over to map 9 and partially to map 18.

I think I can add a crop field or some more into that area. It is kinda blank. I'll probably add cliffs seeing as it's not accessible.
It would really speed up the process if I could do it myself. I just don't have a windows machine. I'll have one in the future so I should be able to use it. If you could copy over the east border of map 9 over to a new file it would help but I think I can recreate it manually with very little effort. It's not as intricate as the cliffs on the mountain pass map.
Thank You,
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

East border of map 9? The part which is shared with map 18? Sure you don't mean the west border?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

LOL! Yes i ment the West border. It's late here and my brain is quite working right!
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I copied the new cliffs to map 9 and 18. You can pull the new versions from subversion. I noticed during a testwalk that you made a lot of mapping errors at the cliffs in the northwest area (you can't walk behind most cliffs and some cliffs you can walk behind are on the wrong layer). Some tiles of the roof of the small building in the center of the map are on the wrong layer, too. Please correct these errors.
  • NOT a game master

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Oh, and you don't even need TMXCopy to create a blank map with the western border of map 9 on the eastern border. You can do this with Tiled. Map->Change size, enter an X-Offset of about 110 and leave the rest as it is and you will get this:
http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/tmw/new_27-1.tmx

That's how we created maps with fluent transitions before we had TMXCopy.
  • NOT a game master

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:I copied the new cliffs to map 9 and 18. You can pull the new versions from subversion. I noticed during a testwalk that you made a lot of mapping errors at the cliffs in the northwest area (you can't walk behind most cliffs and some cliffs you can walk behind are on the wrong layer). Some tiles of the roof of the small building in the center of the map are on the wrong layer, too. Please correct these errors.
Can do. TY for your help. I should have these fixes back in no time.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:Oh, and you don't even need TMXCopy to create a blank map with the western border of map 9 on the eastern border. You can do this with Tiled. Map->Change size, enter an X-Offset of about 110 and leave the rest as it is and you will get this:
http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/tmw/new_27-1.tmx

That's how we created maps with fluent transitions before we had TMXCopy.
I didn't know that. Thats good to know and should help me out alot.
MerlinX420
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

MerlinX420, if you're willing to use Wine, tmxcopy works fine under it.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

It works with Wine? How do I use it with wine? I's not like it has a command line.
MerlinX420